Chapter 13

It had been a few days. Probably around three. Jack had taken you out of that playhouse as soon as you had collapsed to the ground and had brought you to a spare room in the building. Sandy had watched over you, both to protect you from Pitch' influence and to try and figure out what was going on in your head. So far, he hadn't found anything. Everything seemed completely normal to him, and this only got Jack more concerned. He knew something was wrong. Definitely. But what it was, he had no clue.
The other guardians still tried to keep him away from you as much as possible, but his condition did not get any better. The fever had gone down, yes, but he had less and less energy and looked even more pale than he already had been.

"Jack, please... Just go take a nap. " Tooth tried, but Jack shook his head, sitting at the windowsill. His hoodie had been pulled over his head and he was making frost drawings on the cold glass. "I don't want to. I don't need to."
Tooth let out a sigh and flew over to him calmly, sitting opposite of him. "Jack, you can't keep waiting day and night for her to wake up. You're already doing badly and-"
"She begged me to help her." He interrupted her, still just staring as the frost spread on the window.
She looked at him sadly and gently took his hand, pulling it away from the window. "And we will... but we can't find any answers at the moment. Just give it a rest."
"No.. "
"Jack-"
"I said no"
She went silent and let his hand go. Seeing as he would not listen to her, she just left the room again.

Jack stayed in his place by the window, looking outside and watching the snow fall. That even was a wonder on it's own. But yet... also not. He had to keep himself from going crazy somehow, so he still brought the snow to where it was expected. And the North-pole was a place where it happened for the most part on it's own anyways.
Looking down, he scanned the landscape for any creature that might've dared to wander out in this light snowstorm. He jumped in surprise however, when a voice piped up behind him, and it was not Tooth's.
"Jeez, frosty, you look more emo than normal."
Jack turned his head and looked directly into two crimson red eyes. Mary smirked and stood in front of the mirror that hung on the wall. "Did someone die?"
Jack frowned and turned away from her. "Did anyone ever tell you to knock?"
"Oh, someone is sassy." she said, quite amused by his response as she walked closer to him. "What is it? Did someone break your heart?"
He rolled his eyes at that, and just ignored her, not in the mood to be taunted.
That only made Mary's smirk grow. "No steam to bite back? That's understandable. After all, you really don't look too healthy at the moment. How ironic that is; the spirit of winter catching a fever. " She bend down next to him, whispering eerily by his ear. "Or maybe, he's just lovesick~" 
Jack's eyes widened and he felt an unpleasant tingle go up his back. He snapped his gaze over to her, making her stand straight again and take a step back. "Why are you even here, witch" He hissed at her.
She smiled at him, holding up her hands. "What? A fellow spirit can't visi-"
"Cut the crap, Mary."
She grinned in amusement. "Alright, alright, cool down, frosty. I think it's obvious why I'm here. I'm here to retrieve my pet~"
Jack glared at her, standing up and taking his staff. "She is not your 'pet'. "
"Then what is she? Your girlfriend? If I do remember correctly, she clearly stated she hates you."
Jack felt his cheeks heat up slightly and he snaps back at her "That was not her talking! Something else is making her say that."
Mary seemed surprised to hear that, but didn't let it show for long as she quickly frowned. "Get real, Jack. What do you think? That I can posses someone?"
"She clearly was fighting something in her head!" He grits his teeth and quickly grabs her by her throat, pushing her up against the wall behind her. Mary's eyes widened in shock and her hands immediately grabbed his hand, trying to prevent him from pushing any further as he glared at her. "What did you do to her?!" he demanded.
She bit her lip and struggled a bit in his hold, but didn't say a word in response. Which, I think we can all agree on, is not at all a smart move to do when someone is that angry with you.
Jack only grew more frustrated with her because of it and yelled again. "Tell me!"
She grit her teeth and moved her hand to try and loosen his grip. "Y-You're right.. Something else is in her head.." that didn't answer his question, but it did get him more determined "What??"
"The darkest parts of her mind. M-Magnified." She said, before her struggling expression faded and she again got a smirk on her lips. "Try and figure that one out, Frosty~" She said before she reached with her hand over to the mirror beside them and touched it, instantly disappearing into it.
Jack's expression turned shocked and he looked at the empty spot, before looking over at the mirror. He grit his teeth and took his staff, swinging it back and slamming it against the mirror, which shattered it. He stood there for a while, silently going over the thoughts that ran through his head. All of them were swarming around, repeating themselves. One thought suddenly stood out: Mary said she'd come to get you.

Jack burst through the door to the room you were staying in, scanning the room quickly for both you and any sign of Mary. Yet, there was nothing, which wasn't a good thing. You were not in the bed anymore. The winter spirit started to panic and went around the room, looking for anything that might very served as a way for you to escape. The window was still closed and locked, so not through there. But then his eye fell on the mirror that hung on the wall. "no.. not again!"
"what 'not again?'"
Jack's eyes widen and he turned around,  only to come face to face with... you. "(f/n)?"
You raised a brow at him and nodded.  "That is my name, yes. Why are you so panicked? I can't really leave, if that is what you think I did. Sandy has boobytrapped this whole room."
Jack let out a sigh of relief and sat on the bed. "I just saw Mary and I just-"
"she is here?"
"Yes.." Jack glanced at the mirror beside him and then quickly wing his staff against it, shattering it.
Your eyes widen in shock. "Jack?? What the hell??"
"She travels through mirrors. You should know that."
You huffed and sat on the bed as well. "And you are still sick. /you/ should know that."
"And who's fault is that?"
You frowned and turned away, crossing your arms. "Not mine. That.. other side of me.. as Mary calls it "
"You speak awfully friendly of her, snowflake: Jack said, huffing slightly.
You glanced at him from the corner if your eyes, frowning a bit. "Yes, and?"
Jack shrugged and looked at you. "oh, well, maybe I find that weird since, oh I don't know, kidnapped you!?"
You rolled your eyes and stood up, looking at him. "oh shut it, Jack! It's not like you aren't keeping me as a prisoner here!"
"Correction: we are trying to help you!"
"Help me? I never asked for your help!"
Jack turned his gaze away and clutched his staff tighter. "You did... you practically begged me to do so."
You looked at him in confusion and surprise. "...I did?"
"Why would I make that up?"
You shrugged a bit. "To fool me?"
He rolled his eyes. "I'm apparently dying and losing my powers, I am not in the mood for joking around."
"Oh but I would love a good joke right about now~" another voice echoed through the room, making both you and Jack jump up in surprise
"Did I startle you? Oh I'm so sorry~"
Jack looked around and frowned. "Mary?"
"I'm overjoyed! The infamous winter spirit remembered my name! " the mirror shards that lay scattered on the floor lit up and Mary's face was reflected in each of them. In one only one eye was visible, and in the other only the mouth, or her other eye, or just the side of her face. It was like she had fallen and had been broken to pieces.  She looked up at Jack end smirked. "Did you really think that a shattered mirror would stop me?"
Jack stepped back a bit and his grip on his staff tightened. "Don't you ever get tired of this?"
"on the contrary, my dear frosty~" she chuckled and the shards floated up, piecing themselves together and she stapled through the renewed mirror with a wicked grin. "This is the most fun I've had in years."
"Mary, I-" you started, but she looked at you and immediately cut you off. "Let's go back home, (f/n). Father is quite curious as to how you got captured."
You bit your lip and nodded, walking over to her. You were however, stopped by an arm being wrapped around you. Pulling you back and to his side, Jack glared at Mary. "Not this time.."
Mary smirked and her red eyes glowed. "You want to fight, frosty? You're on~"
You blinked a bit and looked at him, raising a brow. "Jack, what are you-"
"I'm not letting you go again. Not while I can still do something." he let you go, and stepped over to Mary, who seemed to enjoy every bit of this situation and spoke up: "Come on then. Show me to what power my father lost." and with that, Jack swung his staff, knocking her out the window with a strong gust of icy wind.
"Jack! What are you-" you tried to say, but he ahad already jumped out of the window, following Mary, whose laughter sounded further and further away as she fell down to the ground.
You rushed to the window and leaned over the edge,  looking down at the two myths. "This is not going to end well..." you said to yourself

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess who is alive again. Probably only for a short while though... sorry.
But holy shit I can not believe that this story is actually so populair. Seriously!

Thanks all of you, and I hope you enjoyed this part ^-^ that litterally is a year later,oops