Chapter 10: "Justin make me forget my pain."

"I'm going to make her better."

"How are you gonna do that?" Chris asks, as we both gaze at Kat's pallid body sleeping calmly on the couch.

I turn to him so he looks at me. "Spuckler's gotta have a bottle or something of the poison he used. There's gotta be something in his office."

Chris looks at me unsurely. "Okay... But how are you gonna get in there without him knowing?"

I look encouragingly at him, my eyebrows raised in hope he'll catch my drift.

"Oh, no." He shakes his head. "I'm not getting dragged into this."

"Too late, asshole," I say jokingly. "You and the others are gonna help."

"Your girl better mean a lot to you..." He shakes his head again, but this time in defeat.

I give a winning grin. "She means everything to me."

"Okay, what's your plan?"

We make our way over to the rest of the group. They look at us as we enter the circle.

"Justin has a plan to get Kat better." Chris lets out an exhausted sigh.

I smirk, getting ready for their reaction as I tell them my idea.

KAT'S P.O.V

I wake up from the pain I'm feeling. I rearrange myself on the couch to cool myself down.

Noticing Justin, I watch him as he talks to his friends. They all seem so concentrated on what he's saying.

My stomach starts gurgling and I can feel the substance start coming up but I force it back down. I'm too tired to race to the bathroom.

Midge and Ben are over against the wall. I attempt to stand but the painful feeling shoots up.

"Arg!" I shout in pain, immediately cupping my hand as I realise how loud I was.

Quite a few people look at me, including Justin and his friends.

My cheeks flush. "Sorry," I murmur to everyone, turning to face the back of the couch so I feel hidden from view.

"Kat, you okay?" I hear Justin ask, sadness tinged in his voice.

"Yeah, I just tried to move and it hurt," I murmur.

He kisses my forehead before brushing my hair behind my ear. "I'm sorry."

"Justin, it's not your fault," I say for the second time today.

He stays quiet for a couple of seconds. "I'm just gonna talk to my friends for a few more minutes."

I nod, closing my eyes to see if I can get some more sleep.

But I can't.

I keep thinking back to my dream about waking up in my home. And the fact that I wasn't happy or relieved that this prison was a dream. I was just thinking of Justin.

Does he really mean that much to me? Does he really outweigh all the negativity in this place? Would I really prefer to be in some guy's prison with him than have my old life back without him?

I mean, I've been mocked, hurt, poisoned, made to do work, yelled at and have to have gross food and an uncomfortable bed. But I'd still rather be here with Justin than be at home. Why?

"Baby?"

I turn around to see Justin's face looking down at me.

"Yeah?"