Chapter 29: "All you do is yell and hurt me. Well I'm sick of it."

KAT'S P.O.V

My stomach growls, waking me up from my sleep. There's no way to tell what time it is or when I'm supposed to be up. But since things have gotten so much worse lately, my mind is already racing the second I'm up.

Already, emotions of all kinds are swirling around inside me. Still, it distracts me from my hunger. We didn't get food last night, but it meant not a second more of Amy, so it was worth it.

Turning over, I try to go back to sleep, having decided that a little more sleep is better than hurting my mind with angry thoughts. Of course, when I'm wanting to sleep, I don't. Luckily it's only ten minutes before I hear our guard yell for us to get up.

Neither Justin nor I attempt conversation with each other in the cell. Things between us are not stable ever since he finally told me the truth. I'm not going to lie to myself. I'm angry at him. Angry and hurt. The pity and crying is over. I've been sympathetic and comforting because he needed me to be, whether he wants to admit it or not. But that time is up. When I found out his stupid 'car crash' was nothing but a cover up for the truth, I was furious. But I couldn't show it when this boy was crumbling right in front of me, tears fountaining down his cheeks and his mouth spilling a sad and heartbreaking story.

How he's acting though? It's frustrating. Why is he being distant and grumpy towards me? I've done nothing but support him. And in return, he glares and scowls, not giving a hint of what caused his mood.

Yesterday I watched Justin tear up paper from his notebook. There seemed to be no purpose. And when the bell went, he just left the strips there, not looking at them once. Once the last bell had rung, he had walked out before anyone else. When I went into the CC, he had already gone so I went over to the couch. "Oh my god..." I whispered to myself, after realising the torn up bits of paper weren't just blank pages. They were his drawings. All of them. I picked up the pieces, looking at one and noticing it was the deer eating grass. It was the first drawing I ever saw of his... Something painful attacked my heart as another part of a drawing caught my eye. I held it in my hand. Half of a message was displayed in pencil...

'I love you and always will -Justin'

I found a few other ripped up pieces of the drawing and looked through them all.

I remember how I felt when he gave me this drawing he had done of me. I remember the message he wrote for me. And he had torn it up. It hurt to see these memories and feelings shredded up. I had bundled together all the ripped drawings and placed them in the drawer.

"Yo, Kat!"

Turning around, I see Chris and the others signaling to sit with them. With my tray, I walk over and take a seat.

"How is everything?" Chris asks, leaning slightly across the table. His eyes look eagerly in mine, telling me the common question is asking more than others would think.

I just shrug, honestly not knowing the answer. "Justin and I haven't talked since yesterday in the bathroom. He's being so cold to me." Throwing my arms up in a huff, I groan. "I don't understand. I haven't done anything!"

Sebastian points his spoon at me. "Obviously Justin thinks you have," he says, referring to yesterday in the bathroom.

"Okay. I haven't done anything that's actually bad," I say, rolling my eyes.

It's definitely easier to talk about Justin since he hasn't been hanging with us recently. That may sound bitchy but it's not like we're laughing at him or anything. We're concerned. And this situation isn't going to just disappear. Unfortunately, with the state Justin's in, there's absolutely no way we can talk about it with him. No. He gets to sit back, cause trouble and let us worry about it all. ...Okay, maybe that's not fair...