Chapter 19: Drunk kisses and drunk tears

Songs for this chapter: 

Bad blood by Bastille 

Immortal by Marina And The Diamonds

~

Lake Coleman:

I fiddle with my fingers trying to figure out what to say. "So.. do you like board games?" Justin randomly asks. 

I look up at him and he furrows his brows, shaking his head. "Bad idea. Sorry, um... how are you?" His voice sounds unsure. I'm still not sure how I agreed to this. 

"I'm good... you?" 

"Good." He bobs his head, looking away from me. 

Okay, this is just awkward. I grab my bag and stand up from the couch, "Look, maybe I should just g-" 

"No!" Justin jumps off the couch, his eyes looking a little wild. "I-i mean.. um stay, please." He visibly gulps. I bite down on my lower lip and slowly sit back down in my seat. "You still like pizza right?" Justin asks.

"Yeah?" I hesitantly reply. "Let's go out." Justin quickly says, jogging to the door. 

I get up and follow him outside and get into his car. It's about eight o'clock at night. We're quiet during the ride until he pulls up to one of those twenty four hours grocery stores. I follow him as he goes back and forth between aisle. "Pick out anything you want! I'll meet you back here in fifteen minutes!" He yells, already half way across the store. 

Okay... 

I pick up a basket and put in a packet of chips and some airhead candy. Fifteen minutes later, I see Justin standing with a giant cart filled with food. "Holy.." I murmur. He grins, "I'm paying." We go through self check out and pack everything into the trunk of his car.

When we get back to the Bieber/Rails residence, we unpack everything onto the large kitchen counter and kitchen island. 

Justin holds out a pack of nerds and a kitkat bar. "You're favourite." He simply says, tossing it right to me. 

I smile a bit. He remembers. "Okay!" Justin claps his hands together. "I bought pizza dough, sauce and a whole bunch of toppings. Let's make some pizza." 

We unpack the ingredients and Justin starts to roll out the dough. He playfully starts to spin it and throw it in the air, only to have it fall flat on his face. 

I burst out into fits of giggles and he groans, removing the dough from his face. He pouts at me and I stick my tongue out. 

After we finish with the dough and sauce, I start to cut some peppers when I notice a broken picture frame in the far corner. I put down the knife and walk over to it, picking it up. It's a picture of Allie and Justin. 

"We got into a fight," Justin says and I can tell that he is right behind me.

I turn. He scratches the back of his neck sheepishly, "That's kind of why she's left to Paris so soon. The fights are a big constant, just things we can't seem to agree on. She got mad because I don't wear my ring all the time and chucked that at me last night." Justin explains.

Wait what? Just because he doesn't always wear his engagement ring she decides to get violent and throw objects at him? Wowie.

"I see." I murmur, placing the frame down. 

"Do you want a drink?" 

I sigh, "Yeah, sure." Justin pours us some drinks and before I know it, i'm a little tipsy. We're almost done with the last pizza when I feel something drop on me. "Whoops," Justin grins and I gasp at the feeling of the cold pizza sauce dripping down my shirt.