Chapter 38: The day before

Justin Bieber: 

It's our third day here and we were currently finishing up the photoshoot on the beach. I had no time what-so-ever to talk to Lake since she was so busy running back and forth for her work and every time I got the chance, Allie, Scooter or my mom would come right in-between us.

My mom and Scooter have both been giving little glances at Lake today and I'm curious to know why. 

I really needed to talk to Lake about the news Scooter told me. It was starting to eat me up alive from keeping it in for this long, but she wouldn't give me a time of day to talk to her. "Can I get the bride and groom together for one last picture?" The photographer asks and I sigh, nodding my head.

I was tried of taking photos and I was starting to get really irritated from it all. I need to talk to Lake, now. 

Allie walks over with a smile and takes my hand in hers. "Great, now lean in please. I want a few more shots of you guys kissing," The man tells us. I hold back a huff and do as told, leaning into Allie. Right behind her I see Lake looking at us, a blank look on her face.

Our eyes meet for a split second, but she's quick to look away from me and I sigh, closing the gap between Allie and I. 

"Perfect!" The photographer says, "We're done." 

"Thank god," I mutter under my breath. I'm ready to sprint to Lake when Scooter places a hand on my shoulder. "Justin, I know you want to talk to a certain someone, but you can't right now. Please Justin, talk to her later." Scooter whispers in a hush tone. 

I sigh, nodding my head and he gives me a sympathetic smile before patting my shoulder and walking towards Allie. 

I look back where Lake was once standing and frown when I see my mother standing with her. They're talking. I watch as my mom places a hand on her arm, rubbing it lightly before giving her a sweet smile and walking away.

Lake looks in my direction and her eyes widen when she see's me. I raise an eyebrow at her and she nervously bites down on her lip. "You okay?" I mouth to her and she nods.

"Justin, let's go relax for a bit. We have reservations for dinner tonight." Allie tells me, taking my hand. 

I mumble a small 'okay' and follow the short blonde to some seats. She sits down and I sit in the seat next to her with a sigh. I'm really not up do to any couple stuff today. This sucks.

~

"Tomorrow's the big day! How do you feel, man?" Dad asks slapping me right on the back.

I give him a weak smile, "I'm feeling good," I try to say in my most confident tone, but it's not as confident as I wish it was.

The wedding is tomorrow and I'm absolutely dreading it. As much as I want to get it over with, I can't deal with what's going to happen next. I still haven't talked to Lake and with each day passing i'm starting to get more and more nervous to tell her, but I know I have to.

I sent a text to Lake a few hours ago to come meet me down by the beach tonight before dinner, but I'm actually wondering if she'll ditch the meet up. We haven't been on the best terms lately with all the wedding stuff that's been going on.

It's not like i'm trying to shove it in her face either. I have to do what I have to do to make it all look real. I haven't kissed or even properly held Lake's hand in so long and it was driving me crazy to not have her touch. 

I like talking to Lake and spending time with her. I wish this trip was for us two, not for Allie and I. 

"I'm going to go down to the beach for a bit. I'll meet up at the restaurant soon." I tell my dad. Before he can even reply, I start making my way down to the beach. 

I'm dressed up nicely tonight since it's my last night before I get 'tied down' completely. We already had the bachelor party last night and it was fun. Tonight was going to be a huge fancy dinner at a restaurant with all the guests who came down this week for the wedding. Scooter said it was supposed to be fun, but I wasn't actually looking forward to it.

When I get to beach, the sun is already setting. It's the perfect spot to have one of those romantic kisses that you see in those cheesy movies. 

I stand there for about fifteen minutes, my hands digging deep into my pockets as I watch the view in front of me. It's lovely. 

I sigh. Maybe she just isn't going to show up. I wouldn't blame her. It's not exactly fun being in some sort of relationship with a guy who's supposed to be getting married for a publicity stunt. 

Right when I was about to give up, a soft voice speaks up from behind me. "Justin?" 

I turn around right away and gasp when I see the girl in front of me. Lake looked absolutely beautiful. She was wearing a long light dress and her hair was slightly wavy for tonight's dinner which she was invited to. Lake hasn't been around at all this week unless the work was revolved around me (like the photography on the beach). She was busy all week working her butt off for this stupid wedding.

She looked stunning.

I could read the expression on her face. It was blank. 

Lake crosses her arms over her chest. "You okay?" 

"Y-yeah," I stutter. I clear my throat, "How are you?" I ask. 

"Fine... you?" 

"Fine...." I trail off. I run my fingers through my hair. "Listen, Lake... there's something I need to talk to you about. It's about the wedding and the publicity stunt with Allie." I say in a low whisper to make sure that only she can hear me.

Lake sighs, running her hand down her arm until her fingers wrap around her other wrist. "Okay, tell me." 

I open my mouth to explain when my phone starts ringing loudly. "You should take that." Is all Lake says. I bow my head and reach into my pocket to pull my phone out. 

"Justin, where are you?" Allie squeaks and I sigh. "I'm coming right now." I tell her and hang up. 

I don't say anything. Instead I walk over to Lake and extend my arm out to her. "Shall I escort you?" I ask playfully. A small smile appears on Lake's face which makes me smile too. "Sure," She softly says.

She walks over to me and places a hand on my bicep and we walk together until we reach the restaurant. We made reservations ahead of time and it wasn't too far since it was at the resort. 

When we get inside, everyone is waiting for us. I'm instantly surrounded by a large group of friends and family and I notice Lake drift away to the sideline's which make's me frown.

She sends me a small half smile my way as if she's telling me not to worry. I watch as she makes her way to the back of the table where my mother said. She says something to her and my mother smiles, patting the seat next to her.

I smile a bit as I watch the two get along, something my mother and Allie never did because my mother claimed that Allie had the attention spam of a goldfish. 

I look away from the two and at everyone around me. They're all here to see me get married tomorrow.

I'm getting married. 

And it's not with the girl of my dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

IM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO DAMN LONG TO UPDATE

I've been super busy with school lately and i've been getting a ton of homework, assignments, tests and projects before the winter break and i've been really stressed out and i'm sorry.

As much as I like to write and update, I have to put my school work first even thought I want to write and read and that really sucks :-(

I hope this chapter didn't suck too much. We have a few more to go before it ends! ahh!! 

Hope you've all had a nice day,

-Diana