Chapter 20: Gifts

Justin Bieber: 

I woke up with a groan as I roll over in my bed to shut off my alarm clock. I have to head into the studio and try to finish up my album.

My eyes widen when I realize what happened last night. I jump right out of bed and make a run for the guest room. I don't even bother knocking and walk right in. Lake jumps back in surprise, her arms wrapped tightly around her bag.

She had her skinny jeans on and the t shirt she wore yesterday, the clothes I let her wear folded on my bed. 

I crossed my arms over my chest, blocking the doorway from her. "Where do you think you're going?" 

"Home." She grumbles, looking away from me.

"Lake, listen to me," I start. She doesn't look up and I sigh. "What happened last night didn't mean anything. I will let Allie know what happened and she won't hate you for it and we aren't dropping the engagement. We both simply had too much to drink and I said things that I didn't mean. Please don't avoid me or go back to hating me." I plead.

We've gotten so far to learning to get along with each other that i'm not going to let her go back to hating me again. High school was different. We hated each other and then we dated and then we just went back to hating each other. It's now six years later and I think we should learn how to put our differences aside which is exactly that we did last night.. before we kissed.

She slowly nods her head and I sigh in relief. "How about we get some breakfast into you before you leave." I playfully poke her tummy which makes her visibly blush.

I smile down at her before leading the way to the kitchen where I brew us both some coffee and make some omelettes with bacon. 

We both scarf down the food before I let her go. "Be safe," 

"I will." She smiles hesitantly before walking out. I can tell that she's still tense. She was playing with her fingers and interlock them constantly during breakfast and couldn't always look me in the eyes. Lake did things like this when she was nervous or uncomfortable back when we dated. 

After a quick shower and a change of clothes, I head down to the studio. After hours of recording I get a call from Ryan.

"Hey," I answered into it, grabbing my sunglasses. 

"So... how did it go?" Ryan asks, excitement clear in his voice. "Good..." I trail off a bit. Should I tell him? No, that would crush him. But I can't keep this from him.

"Okay, well I'm going to see Ed and Lola today, but after that i'm going by Lake's place to see her before I head off to Canada for a few days to visit my family. Do you need me to bring anything for your mom?" Ryan asks and I smack my palm to my forehead. I completely forgot that he was going! 

"Um... I don't think so. I was there recently with Allie." 

"Alright, I need to go, but i'll text you the time I pick you up." 

"Sure, bye." He says a goodbye in return before hanging up.

Great, I have to spend the rest of my night being a third wheel.

I'm about to leave the studio to go home and rest when I get a text. I frown and bite down on my lip sending a return to the text. I'm tired and need to prepare to go to Lake's place. 

I wonder what her place looks like. My thoughts wander to what I think it would look like until I reach my place. Sending a quick text to Allie I tell her i'm going out. She replies with a simple 'okay' and I sigh, shoving my phone into my pocket.

Sometimes Allie can be so moody with me. It's always my fault apparently. Wether it's rumours, not wearing my ring all the time, being in the studio too often, having to go see my mom or just not giving her enough attention. It's always my fault. 

My phone rings and I pick it up. The caller I.D is Scooter. "Hey, Scoot." 

"Hey man, how's the wedding plans going?" He asks right away. 

I don't hold back the sigh. "Okay, I guess." I subconsciously fiddle with the ring on my left hand. Something i've been doing a lot ever since I got it.

"Look Justin, don't stress over it, okay? If you're still nervous then post pone the wedding." Scooter suggests. I can't do that.

"Scooter, you know I can't do that. I want to get married as soon as possible." I have to.

"You're doing good man. Well I have to go, i'm heading out with, Yael. I'll see you soon." 

"Bye, have fun." I tell him before hanging up. After that, I take a nice, long, needed shower. The warm water soothes me from my stress. 

I slip my ring back on my finger and style my hair. I'm going to go get some flowers and a bottle of wine for Lake as a gift. When I head out to the shops, a bunch of paparazzi surround and follow me. 

"Justin, any details about the engagement?" One yells out. Hugo, my bodyguard, makes sure no one gets too close as the camera lights flash in our faces. 

"What can I say, man? I'm happily engaged and there's nothing better than that." I admit with a smile. 

And it's true. Sure, Allie and I have our differences, but I'm happily engaged to her and I can't see it any other way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hmm Justin that's quite an interesting thing you said back there. Haha idk.

Just a quick update! 

-Diana