Chapter 23: Confrontation

Songs for this chapter: 

Casual Affair by Panic! At The Disco

The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy

~

Lake Coleman:

"Lake," Cassie hisses. I walk over with confusion set on my face. She looks worried and stressed out. "You okay, Cass?" 

She quickly hushes me and points to the glass door for my office. "Allie is in there waiting for you. Just a heads up." She tells me. It's been a full two weeks since our phone call and i've been sort of dreading this talk. When Allie came back we went through the new guest list. She had at least added an extra seventy people. It wasn't even a confirmed guest list yet. 

Now apparently Allie decided to make a surprise guest appearance to my office when i'm suppose to have clients come in thirty minutes. 

Cassie brushes the 'dirt' off her skirt and smiles at me. "Good luck." And she quickly passes right by me and to the elevators. 

I walk right to my office and Allie is patiently sitting, looking around the office as if she's never been here before.

"Morning." I say, "Listen Allie, I have clients coming in. If you want to talk you have to book something with me ahead of time or give me a call." I tell her. She waves me off as if it was nothing, pushing up her sunglasses onto the top of her head.

"This will only take a few minutes of your time, Lake." 

Okay... So this is kinda weird. However, I still sink back into my seat and clasp my hands together. "Alright then. What can I do for you?" If it was about me coming to Vegas we had already talked about it. I could go, but only for a week. 

Allie purses her lips and pulls out a tube of lipstick, applying the red to her already coloured lips. "You see Lake.. you looked very familiar to me at first, but I decided to push that aside." She starts. Uh oh.

She closes the top of the tube and slips the lipstick back into her bag. Her icy blue eyes get caught on the picture frame on my desk. "Do you mind?" She gestures to the picture frame and I shake my head, still confused on where this is going. 

The picture was of my sister, Ed, Jacob, Will and I. Seb had taken the picture a few years ago at a family barbecue when my sister had first introduced us to her boyfriend. "Your family, I presume?" 

"Correct." I can already feel my throat going dry. 

She gently places the picture frame back and her eyes are focused on me. I liked it better when I wasn't the centre of attention. Her glare is fixed on me as if she's trying to look into my soul. 

I freaking hate it. 

"Anyway," She let's out an exaggerated sigh, "I pushed it aside. However, I did do my own research and found out who you really are." She snarls. 

"I-i can explain," I try to tell her. I only didn't want to tell Allie that I went to high school with her and Justin because I thought I would make it awkward and it would be better off if she just didn't remember. 

"Uh, uh, uhhh," Allie tsks at me as if I was a young child, "Listen here and listen good because I don't want to repeat myself or have any problems here." She hisses like a snake. I have to hold myself back from smashing her stupid little barbie face against the wall. 

"Justin is my fiancé. That means, we're going to get married and we're in love. So if you think you can pull anything, and take Justin away from me... then you're wrong." She says in a nasty voice. "So if you have any feelings for then you should really rethink about doing this because he's not going to give into your little pity act. And if I ever find out that you two did something that I didn't like then i'm going to ruin your life. It'll be like high school all over again." She smiles sickeningly.