Chapter 37: Information

Lake Coleman: 

Dinner last night was a little awkward. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, expect for Justin and I. 

I was just tired and stressed out form the thought of all the preparation I was going to go through for this marriage that wouldn't even last. Everyone at our table, including Ryan and Allie, were oblivious to the awkward tension, but Justin and I.

We kept sneaking secret glances at each other the entire night, but we didn't talk much over dinner. At one point Scooter and him went off to talk alone and when they returned Justin seemed a little upset. 

After the dinner I pulled him aside to see if he was okay. He just said he was tired and needed some rest, but we both know I saw right through his lie.

"Lake, do you mind if I talk to you for a second?" Scooter asks It was currently the second day and I was getting ready to leave. I hadn't even step foot out of the room yet and here Scooter was, ready to knock when I pulled the door open.

"Sure, come in." I step back so he can enter. He gives me a smile and enters the room. I shut the door behind him. "Were you going out for preparation?" 

"Yes sir," I nod.

"Good, good. Um, Lake I wanted to talk to you about something important. You're a bright girl and i'm glad that you're doing this, but it's important that you are aware of this. Now i've already talked to Justin about it, but as you are here you have to know that-" 

He didn't get to finish because my phone happened to go off at that exact moment. I fish it out my bag  and before I can even ask, Scooter sends me a small smile, "You can take that. My information can wait." 

"Thank you," I say before answering the call. 

I take the call and Scooter mouths me a goodbye before quietly leaving. It was someone from the reception area calling to make sure I was coming by today to check it out in person. After I finish up the phone call, I head out the door.

On the way out I see Allie and Justin in the lobby. They're loosely holding hands and both dressed for breakfast. 

Justin is looking around the place as if he's looking for someone specific. When his eyes land on me, he waves me over. "You on you're way out?" 

"Yep," 

He frowns, "What about breakfast? You won't be joining us?" 

Before I can respond, Allie let's out a giggle, "Justin, sweetie, don't be ridiculous, Leslie here has some work to get done for our wedding! She's not a guest like the rest." She says the last part in a whisper so I wouldn't 'hear'. 

 I don't even bother to corrected her on my name and look over at Justin. "I already ate. Don't worry about me," I give him a pursed smile. "You two have fun." I say, hoisting my bag over my shoulder before turning away.

I can feel Justin's eyes burning holes into me as I walk away, but I force myself to keep walking and not take a look back.

Justin Bieber: 

"I can't believe it. You've grown up so much, Justin." Laura smiles gently, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

I smile at her fondly. Carl and Laura Lentz are practically family and it was so nice of them to show up. Too bad this wedding is going to be a waste of everyone's time in the end.

"I know," I continue to smile. Today we had more guests flying in. Ariana, Kendall and Kylie, Martin Garrix and Ruby Rose plus her fiancé have just arrived. 

The rest of the guests are getting here in the next couple of the days, excluding my parents, plus my stepmom, and my siblings who just landed right now according to Scooter.