2.

''Hnng..." you huffed picking up sack with flour. Today you went on shopping to the market. Now you were carrying this heavy sack trying to navigate through the crowd.

Weight was lifted from your arms so suddenly that you almost fell down. You surely would, if not somebody's hand catching you midway.

"Souji-san..." you breathed dusting off your kimono.

"Isn't it too heavy for such shortie as you?"

"Ugh, very funny. You're just too tall!" he laughed as you huffed annoyed. "But really, I was doing just fine."

"Didn't seem like it~."

You send him a little glare. He just loved teasing you about almost everything. He was probably only one who got on your nerves so much. Really, one remark and you were either embarrassed or annyoed. Okita flipped sack over his shoulder and started walking. You let him take the sack since you were pretty sure he would not give it back.

"Ah, wait!" you quickly caught up to him. "Haven't seen you around lately?"

"Missed me already, ______?"

"Stop teasing, Souji-san."

He smirked at you and send you that one of a kind of look. The one you hated and loved at the same time. You looked away.

"I've heard about that fight at the Ikeda Inn," you changed topic. "It's good for your reputation. As a Shinsengumi I mean."

"Yup! Thanks to us Kyoto is not burned to crisps," he grinned.

"That's great," you looked at him and smiled.

You were walking in content silence for a moment. It was nice afternoon and the streets were bustling with people. Though most of them moved out of the way when you and Okita walked. Mostly because of his brilliant blue haori he wore as a part of Shinsengumi. People were afraid of them. They feared them even if they were protecting them and patrolling the city. You guessed it would take much longer before townsfolk would appreciate their work.

Even if Okita wasn't saying this aloud, but you knew he was loyal to this city and people in it. You looked at him as he walked with you. He was taller than you, and without a doubt much stronger. He held his head high and his green eyes bustled with amusement. As usual he wore that smirk, he hardly ever really smiled. You noticed this quite a long time ago.

"We're relocating."

"Huh?" deep in thought you didn't hear what he said.

"To the Nishi Hongwanji temple."

"Oh... then you're going to be closer to the city," you said. He looked briefly at you, with weird tingle of emotion within his eyes. "But, why are you telling me this? Shouldn't this be a secret? At least for now?"

"Hmm~. I wonder..." you pursued your lips. It didn't answer your question. Then he grinned.

"Since we're at it, why are you relocating?"

"Maybe I want to be closer to you?"

"Please, be serious, you don't make sense, " you scoffed. Embarassed, you hid your face behind kimono sleeve. Sometimes it was difficult to say if he was joking or not. But this time you decided to play his game. "Then you want me to visit you, hm~?"

"No," he suddenly turned serious. "Don't come to the temple."

"Huh? You can't forbid people coming to the temple," you said. But one his gaze made you shiver. He was serious.

He wanted to say something more but was cut off by a kimono seller. Quite brave one you decided later on.

"For such a pretty lady I have this beautiful violet haori. It matches your eyes, miss," the seller showed fabric into you face. "It's soft, but won't be teared so easily."

"Ah, no... Thank you," you waved off the man as he started saying how good his haori's were. One, the flowery haori got your attention. The seller must have noticed, as he moved on to show you the fabric. It was incrusted with detailed art. It was truly beautiful haori. You smiled a little bitterly and told him that you don't have enough money to pay. Such a shame, you thought. But you couldn't spent money so carelessly, you reminded yourself.

"Souji-san? Are we going?"

"Yeah, let's go. I still have a patrol to do. And certain somebody's taking my precious time~."

"Oh no, you're not blaming me on this!"

"And why not? You're always in need of help."

"Wha-! No way. You decided to act like a hero!"

"Pffhaha!"

~~*~~

Hi! Another, rather short chapter but I hope you enjoyed ^^
Please, tell me what you think!