10.

It was a morning after annual festival in Kyoto. You walked along the stalls with a small smile on your face. You worked at the Shimazu's restaurant for a full month now. The family didn't ask you questions about your past and you were thankful for that. Though you were sure they labeled you as a tomboy and a rebel. You could live with that, though. You haven't told them yet that you wanted to somehow start running a business on your own. But you didn't have right to do so as a woman. Then they would see you as some kind of deviant for sure.

"You seek for attention, don't you?" you turned around to the source of the voice.

"Excuse me?" you twitched. The green eyes held amusement. You huffed. "Okita-san. Again. Why would I?"

He shrugged and sent you nasty smirk. You heard a horse's neigh and turned to the source of the sound.

"Yes, I am sure I haven't seen that girl!" the shopkeeper was nearly shouting at two men. They glared at him and tugged on horse rains. They looked like they were travelling from afar. Cold sweat run down your spine. One of them turned around so you could see his face. You recognized him as one of your father's henchmen. They were here for you.

You turned around and collided with Okita. He blinked at your fearful expression. You grabbed his hand and pulled him after you.

"I need to get out of here," you said in nervous whisper.

"Wait, what?" you didn't wait for his reply as you squeezed through the crowd to the nearest alley. You accidentally pushed some ceramics from the stall. The owner yelled and started to make a scene. This time it was Okita, who took the initiative and jerked your arm. You looked behind you, only to see two henchmen walking in to your direction. You two ran into one of the alleys with two man on your tail.

"You two, stop!" one of them shouted. Okita headed further of the main road and into a labyrinth of streets. You were surprised to see the dead end.

"Oops," Okita said not even slightly apologetic. "We're lost."

"I thought you knew where we were going!"

"What? I'm not from Kyoto," he replied and turned to face your foes. They arrived soon enough.

Recognition lit their tired from travel faces. You tried to make yourself smaller than you were, but to no avail.

"_____-hime, we've got orders from your father, to take you home," one of them addressed you. Okita looked at you suspiciously. "Or to kill you for disobedience .

"Never," you said. You tried to look calm and collected. "I'm not coming back!"

"So be it," the henchmen drew his sword. The other did the same.

"Move out of the way, boy," he said. Okita grinned and unsheathed his katana.

"No way~," he replied and blocked the attack. Within a matter of seconds henchmen were down on the ground. They groaned clutching their injuries. Okita stood before them with a bored look. "That's it? But I think I can't let you go."