20.

Your shriek resounded through the quiet forest. You looked horrified at Okita's still closed eyes. It was like a nightmare coming back. You felt helpless, just like you were when he was bedridden. When all you could do was to change wet cloth, now you didn't even had it. Your nightmare ended when you have him your blood.

Your blood.

Clinging to this idea you laid Okita on the ground. You were careful to not make his injuries worse than they were now. You took out your kaiken and slid the blade through your hand. You winced a little and waited till the red liquid gathered on your palm. You lifted Okita's head a little and let the blood drop into his mouthed. You made him swallow and repeated the action a few times. He groaned just as the wound started to skin over. A few minutes later, his breath was almost back to normal.

You put him on your laps and cradled his head in your arms. Tears blurred your vision as you shivered.

"Please... Wake up...," you whispered. Your voice was hoarse. "Don't leave me alone. Please. I can't lose you," your body shook with uncontrolled sob. "Please...! I love you too much to let you go!"

You trembled and prayed that your blood would help him. Were his injuries so extensive? You run your hands through his hair. You didn't have strength to say or do anything more. You squeezed your eyes shut. If he died here, you didn't know what you'd do. It would be too much for you to bare.

"_-_____...?" you heard a faint whisper, you though you imagined. You felt fingerprints on you cheeks. "It's you..."

You opened your eyes. Your lip quivered when you looked into a familiar green eyes. His hand gently wiped your tears that rolled down your face.

"Souji-saaaan...!" you cried, tears of happiness flew out of your eyes. You hugged his head even harder and you felt his hands caressing your hair. You opened your eyes as you put your forehead on his. "Thank goodness..."

"You saved me once again," he smiled.

"Stupid Souji-san. You made me so worried."

"I know. I'm sorry, I always make you worry, don't I?" Okita chuckled and once again wiped your tears. "______... I ..."

"Huh?" you watched as he sat up and leaned on his elbows. "Please don't move!"

He caressed your cheek. You opened your mouth to scold him again.

"I love you too..."

Breath hatched in your throat and all protests you had been making died. All you were focused was his bright green eyes, everything else faded into background. You opened your mouth numerous times, but no words came out. You felt as if you misheard. His honest gaze captivated you making you believe these words. Your lip quivered and you smiled.

"I love you so much, ______," he repeated.

"I love you!" you finally uttered. You were so afraid that it was just too good to be true, that any moment, this bliss would fade.

Okita brought you closer and clasped his lips on yours. His hand was gently cupping your cheek as he stole another kiss from you. You felt as if you were melting when you finally closed your eyes and gave into pleasant sensation. Warmth spread all over your body when you reached and put your hands around his neck, as if telling him to come closer. You opened your mouth with soft moan, letting him in, and Okita took the opportunity. His other hand ran through your hair and then onto the back of your neck leaving on your skin leaving tingling marks. Butterflies in your stomach were fluttering madly. When you finally moved away you were breathing heavily.