Chapter 1: Its Been To Long

Alex's POV
After our World Cup win I was sent to FC Kansas City. I've been with Kansas City for about 3 months now. It's been alright I guess. I would say the only good thing about being on this team is I'm with ARod, Cheney, HAO, and a couple other teammates I know. I miss being in Portland with Tobin. I missed her very much. I haven't seen her in person in a long time. Yea we have FaceTimed and stuff but it's not the same. I just wanted to be back on the USA team so I can be back with my best friend. It's obvious I haven't been acting the same without her.
"Hey Morgan! We are going out to lunch later, you wanna come?" Lauren asked me after practice. I was just finishing putting on my pre wrap head band.
"Yea sure."
"Oh come on Alex where's the love?"
I didn't respond. Lauren and me were the last ones in the locker room as usual. I just sat on the bench as I saw Lauren start walking out.
"Are you coming?"
I still didn't respond. Then Lauren came over and gave me a hug. A nice long hug.
"I know how much you miss Tobin, we all do. All we can do is wait till our national team gets called back up. Since Tobin can't be here for you right now, I will."
I smiled when she said that. "Thanks Lauren."
"No problem, now let's go get something to eat."

After our little lunch date Lauren gave me a ride back to our hotel. When we got there she walked me up to my room, something Tobin would have done.
"Alex, try to smile more okay?"
"I'll try to. Thanks for everything you've done for me Lauren." I reply as I give her a hug.
Once I got to my room I decided to call Tobin. She didn't answer any of them so I assumes she was at practice or therapy or something. A little disappointed I just sat on the couch and watched TV. Tomorrow we are playing the Houston Dash which should be fun since Carli and Meghan are on that team.

Before I went to bed I tried to call Tobin again but of course no answer again.
Is she purposely ignoring my calls? Does she not want to talk to me? Am I losing her?
So many thoughts and questions fill my head. What if I am losing Tobin, My bestfriend.
I put that though aside and went to bed.

We lost against Houston because Carli kept scoring!! But it was really fun. After the game ARod, Lauren, and. I met up with her.
"Hey Carli!" I say to her and give her a hug.
"Ahh Morgan, I've missed you!"
"How's are captain doing!" ARod says.
"I did score 3 goals tonight so pretty good!" Carli says which in return ARod gives her a glare.
"Alright ladies were all friends here, let's go get some dinner." Lauren says. We all agree and go to this Italian resturant.
"Carli when does our US team get back together?" I ask desperate for an answer.
"Umm in about a month or two."
"Oh okay." I said. I didn't feel sad or anything when she said that. Like nothing mattered anymore. I thought about what Lauren said, about trying to smile more. Maybe I should just wait to see Tobin and for the meantime be happy and enjoy myself instead of making myself miserable. I'm just getting annoyed how she's not answering my calls and not even calling back. I just have to move on and do what I love, playing soccer.

After our dinner we said our goodbyes and gave hugs to Carli.
"Well good luck the rest of the season until our US team gets back together. I'll miss you guys until then."
"Good luck to you to Carli, it was nice to see you again." I said.
"Stop scoring goals Carli Lloyd! Save it for the US!" ARod said with a laugh.
And with that she left. So it was back to the three of us. Lauren, ARod, and me.

We all decided to walk around Kansas City for a while. It was really fun.
"You seem to be in a better mood Alex." Lauren says to me.
"Yea I've been making myself all miserable and it's not fun so right now I'm just trying to enjoy myself."
"That's good to hear."
After that we went back to our hotel. Once I got to my room I checked my phone for any calls or texts for Tobin. Nothing, again.
I'm tired of waiting, I think I'm done trying to talk to her.
*flashback*
I finished packing all my stuff and was ready to go to Kansas City.
Tobin helped get my bags and stuff and put it in her car. She was driving me to the airport. I didn't want to leave Tobin alone in Portland. But you don't always get what you want do you. Finally once we get to the airport Tobin helps carry some of my bags. We went through the security scanning stuff and luggage things and then we finally sat down and waited for my flight to be called.
Finally my flight was called.
"I'm going to miss you so much Toby."
"I'm going to miss you to. Make sure you do good things in Kansas City."
"I will, I'll be sure to kick some Portland butt when we play you." I say with a smile. Tears start forming in my eyes and Tobin wipes them away.
"I know long distance friendships are hard but we will always stay in touch. And we'll be together when our national team gets together."
"I dont know how long I can stand without being with my bestfriend."
"Last call to Kansas City..." The speakers blurts out.
"Well you better catch your flight Lex."
"Promise will stay in touch?"
"Promise." Tobin says.
I give her one long final hug then get on my plane.
*end of flashback*

Memories with Tobin flash back. She hasn't kept that promise.

Authors Note: Sequel to forever Friends is up! Sorry for the short chapter I just wanted to get this story started. But I hope you like it so far!:)
Okay I'm just going to throw this out there, but I really like my cover! Like it just looks so cool!😍