Chapter 2: Forgotten

Tobin's POV
"KELLEY!" I screamed when I found her at the airport in Portland.
"TOBIN!"
I give her a hug that I haven't had in a while. I don't really don't like the Portland Thorns and now that Alex was gone I hate it even more.

But Kelley is here now so things should go much better.
"Ugh it feels like I haven't seen you in forever since the World Cup! How've you been Toby?"
"Alright I guess. My knee injury probably makes it worse because I'm watching everyone practice and I'm just on the sideline doing nothing. But you know watching you play is always fun."

"Yea it must suck not having Alex here."
"Speaking of Alex looks who's calling." I show Kelley my phone.

I wasn't in the mood to talk to her right now because Kelley just got  here and I want to catch up with her. I'll be sure to call her back later tonight.
We drove back to our hotel and went to our room. Yay! Roommates with someone I'm close with! I help Kelley unpack all her stuff and then we just sit down and relax and talk about anything really.

"I've really missed you Kel, i was so lonely here after Alex left."
"You don't know how much I've missed you Toby! Maybe next time we are on break we should go visit Alex, so we can all be together!"
"Yea... That should be fun." When I said that Kelley looked at me weirdly.
"What?" I asked.
"It kind of sounds like you don't want to visit Alex."
"Well... Yea I do but like..." Kelley cuts me off.
"Did you guys have another fight?" She asked in a more serious tone.
"No I swear we didn't I just feel like I need a little time away from her because you know we had a lot that happened between us the past year."
"Okay just don't drift away from her, she's your best friend and your hers. Don't lose your trust in her."
"I won't Kel, I promise."

Then Kelley got up and was about to go to her room.
"Well I'm calling it a night, I'll see you in the morning Toby."
"Okay goodnight KO."
"Oh and Tobin, don't forget to call Alex."

I went to my room and was about to call Alex, but I procrastinated and ended up not calling her. I kind of felt bad but I'll try to call her tomorrow. Before I went to bed I just thought about what Kelley said, about not losing my trust in her. Alex is my best friend, why doesn't it seem like it? Why does it feel harder to talk to her? I kinda do feel like I am drifting away from her. But I can't. She's been my best friend for so long and she knows me better then anyone else. But so does Kelley.

*flashback*

New girl in school, her name was Kelley O'hara. She was an average girl you know just sitting alone in lunch, trying to get used to the school first and was shy just like how everyone was going into a new school. I got my lunch and sat next to her.
"Your Kelley right?"
"Yes, Kelley O'Hara."
"Hi I'm Tobin Heath."
"I heard of you, your on the soccer team right?" Kelley asked me.
"Yea I am, do you play?"
"Yes I do, I'm a forward."

We talked for a while and I learned a lot about her. She was really nice and we both had the same dream of being on the USA women's national team.

After a couple of months of her being in school, she was like my bestfriend, and we told each other everything.

*end of flashback*
I met Kelley before Alex and then when we both met Alex we were all three best friends. I smiled at the flashback. I wish I could relive every moment.

After that I finally drifted off to sleep. The only person I thought about was Alex.

Alex's POV
Before I went to bed I checked my social media stuff. Twitter first.
@tobinheath: "finally back with my best friend!" @kelleyohara
I reread her tweet over and over. Then I begin to cry. I burry my face in my pillow and just cry.

Lauren's POV
Hey Alex I'm going to be-...." I stop when I see Alex crying in her bed.
"Alex you okay?" I walk over and sat on the side of her bed and I see her phone in hand. Her Twitter app was open. Then I saw what Tobin tweeted and knew right away what Alex was feeling.

"Look at me Alex." I say calmly. She picks up her head from her pillow and she could barely look at me because she was crying to much.
"I've been replaced and forgotten." Alex says. Tears still streaming.
I pull her in for a hug and she cries in my shoulder.
"I'll be here for you Alex, it'll be okay." I hug her tighter as she cries harder.

I wake up the next morning I go to Alex's room to see how she's doing. When I open her door she's already awake, laying in bed and looking out her window.
I was really good friends with Tobin and right now I'm really upset with her. She's not even calling Alex back.
"Good morning lex." I say trying to brighten up the mood a little.
"Good morning." She says plainly with a little sadness in her voice.

"Do you want to go to the team breakfast? I ask her.
"No I think I'm just gonna stay here today if that's fine."
"Yea totally I'll stay here with you and I'll tell ARod to bring us some breakfast."
"Thanks Lauren."

I go over to ARod and tell her to bring us breakfast which took a while because she's so lazy.
"Come on ARod just this one time!"
"Ugh why do I have to be everyone's server!"
"Well why do you have to be so lazy!"
We both laugh it off and she gets Alex and me breakfast. ARod is a lazy princess.

I went back to my room and decided to call Tobin. And if she answer it, I'm going to be pissed.
After a few rings, she answers it...
T: "hello?"
L: "hi Tobin."
T: "Cheney what's u-..."
L: "it's not cool Tobin."
I said cutting her off.
T: "what?"
L: "you answering the phone when I call but you can't answer your god damn phone when Alex calls! Last night she was crying after she saw your tweet on twitter because it was obvious you ignored her calls. Now she feels like she completely lost her bestfriend."
There was a long silence. Then Tobin spoke up.
T: "I got to go bye."
Then before I could get another word out she hung up.

Once I got out of my room I saw ARod with our breakfast.
"That was a pretty loud conversation you had there Cheney." ARod says to me.
"I don't want to talk about it right now."

I grabbed the tray of food and went to Alex's room. "You okay Lauren? I heard a lot of screaming."
"Yea I'm fine it was nothing."

Alex's POV
I knew she was lying when she said "it was nothing." But I didn't want to push it any further because she looked kind of pissed. We ate breakfast then we got ready for practice. Once Lauren and I were ready we went to ARods and HAO's room to see if they were ready. We all ride together to practice.

At practice Lauren was quiet and still looked a little pissed but it didn't effect how she played. Practice was pretty laid back today which is what I wanted. Are coached gathered us in for a brief chat then we all walked over to the locker rooms to change. I walked with Cheney which was silent.

As usual we were the last ones in the locker room. "Okay Lauren tell me what's up."
"I'm not sure if you want to hear it or not." Lauren replied.
"I probably won't tell me still." Lauren got up and sat next to me.
She took a deep breathe and began to talk. "This morning I called Tobin and... And she answered."
I just looked straight down at the floor and just chuckled a bit to myself. Of course she would answer Cheney's calls.
"You want me to keep going?" Lauren asked me. "Yes please."
"I yelled at her. I was really mad with her for answering my calls but not answering yours."

I was shocked when she said she yelled at her. Tobin, Lauren, and ARod joined the US team together and are all really good friends and it surprised me that Lauren yelled at her.
"It just wasn't fair and for once I wish she didn't answer my call."

"So all that screaming this morning was really just you sticking up for me."
"Yea, basically." Lauren said.
"What would I so without you Lauren."
"Not much." Lauren said with a smile.
"I'm just kidding, come here." She opened her arms out and I gave her a hug. It's been a while since I've had a hug like that. My last hug like that was with Tobin when I said goodbye to her at the airport.

Authors Note: I liked this chapter:) thanks for reading hope you liked it!