Chapter 10: Memories

Tobin's POV
I went into Lauren's room and saw she was packed and ready to leave. Her luggages and bags were lined up against the wall. God, I'm going to miss her. Then ARod came out of her room.
"Oh hey Tobin!"
"Hey Amy"

We both sat down at the kitchen table and we found Lauren's phone and her game ball from last night laying on the table. We both looked at each other and thought the same thing. We picked up her phone and took a self on it.
The three of us always take selfies on each other phones. Lauren came out of her room so we quickly put her phone down. "Hey Tobs!" Lauren says to me. "Hey Cheney!" Then Lauren started gathering her stuff and was going to put it all in the car. "So are you guys planning on helping me?" She asked with a laugh.
"Oh yea of course." I say then ARod and me start carrying some bags.

Once we get outside we see Carli standing next to our team bus. "This is called riding in style!" Carli says. "We are going to have one last bus ride with you Lauren."
"Thanks Carli" Lauren says and gives her a hug. We put her bags and luggages in the bus then to back to her rom to get everything else. Finally once all her bags are in the bus the whole team gathers in the lobby. We all talk and hung out for a while then we all got on the bus. I sat in my usual seat next to Alex and behind Lauren and ARod. The atmosphere in the bus was the same as riding the bus during a game day.
Once we got to the airport everyone helped carry Lauren's stuff. Anyone carrying a bag had to go through security and stuff. Finally once everything was settled we sat down and waited with Lauren.

Lauren's POV
"Flight to Indianapolis, Indiana is now boarding" the intercom said. I stood up and looked at the team who all had there eyes on me. I was on the verge of tears. "Thank you guys for everything. I will miss every single one of you. Saying goodbye to all of you was the last thing I ever wanted but this is how it has to be. It's time for me to move on and see where life takes me." Tears were now filling my eyes.
"Know that you always have a home here with us Lauren and that we will always have your back." Abby says.
"We won't forget you Lauren. And we know you are "Holiday" but you will always be a "Cheney" to us." Carli says to me.
Then I gave everyone a hug and said something to everyone.
Once I got to Ali I gave her a big hug. "I'm gonna miss you Kriegy. I hop your knee heals faster so I can watch you play. And it feels so good to be friends with you."
"I'll miss you to Lauren. Make sure we stay in touch." I smile and nod.

Then I finally went to Alex and I gave her a long hug. "You stay strong Alex. You are like a little sister to me and I will miss you very much. I'll always be here for you if you ever need anything."
"I'll miss you Lauren. Thank you for everything." I kissed her forehead and gave her another hug.

Then finally Tobin and Amy were next. I saved them for the end because I knew it would take a while.
"You guys are my best friends and no matter the distance we will always be best friends. Make sure you both look out for each other. I love you both and I will miss you guys." I gave them both a hug then the rest of the team came for yet another group hug.

I picked up my bags and started walking towards the tunnel that leads to my plane. I turned around and have them one last wave. "Bye guys" I said. "Bye Lauren we'll miss you!" Everyone yelled. I looked at Tobin and Amy and smiled at them. Then I turned around and boarded my plane. That was the last time I get to be with them. Once I find my seat and sit down I take out the game ball from last night and I just hold it. I read everyone's comments on it and I just smile. I was happy about my soccer career and I am sad to see it go. But this is what I want. This team will forever be in my heart.

Alex's POV
It was hard saying goodbye to Lauren. I was really gonna miss her.
Once we got back on the bus I sat next to Tobin and I just stared out the window and thought about Lauren and what she's done for me.
"You okay Lex?" Tobin asks me.
"Yea I'm fine I'm just gonna miss her."