Chapter 4: Reunited

Alex's POV
I laid in my hospital bed with Tobin's letter in hand. I smile knowing I haven't been forgotten. Now that she gave me a reason to why she's not calling, I'm no longer mad at her.

Then the doctor comes in.
"How are you feeling Ms. Morgan?"
"Much better then yesterday. How long do I have to be here?"
"That's great to hear, and you'll be here for two more days just so we know your blood is fine and healthy."
"Okay, thank you." I say to the doctor.

A nurse comes in and gives me some medicine that I have to take. After that I pretty much laid in bed, reread Tobin's letter, and went on my phone.

At around noon Cheney and ARod come.
"Hey Alex" Lauren says as she bends down and gives me a hug.
They both grab some chairs and sit next to my bed.

"So um, how's Tobin and Kelley?" I ask Lauren.
"They're good. They both miss you a lot, especially Tobin."

"Oh and Carli texted all of us saying that our US team will be back together in TWO WEEKS!" ARod says with excitement.
"Really?!? "
"Yea go check you phone!"

I get my phone and open up a message from Carli.
From @carlilloyd :
Hey ladies! I'm glad to say that our team will be together in two weeks! We will be back in our hotel in New York. Everyone should be there on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. Can't wait to see everyone and I hope everyone has a safe trip back to NY! See you then!

"Thank god, I don't no how much longer I can go without talking to Tobin."

They both stayed with me for a while which I really appreciated.
"Well we are both going now. See you tomorrow Lex."
"Thanks for staying, see you tomorrow." I give them both a hug then they leave.

I decided to text Tobin. Even if she doesn't respond.
A: "I read your letter and now I understand. I love you Tobs. I miss you and can't wait to see you.
I set my phone down and decided to watch Tv to pass the time until my phone rings. Tobin actually responded.
T: "I love and miss you to. See you in two weeks:)"

I smiled at that. I just left it like that and I didn't reply. Just that small sentence made me happy. I haven't lost my bestfriend. Not yet, not ever.

*time skips! two weeks later*

Alex's POV*
I begin to pack my stuff for New York. We are leaving tomorrow and I'm so excited. Coach Ellis sent us all a lost on who we are going to be roommates with. Thankfully I was with Tobin.

Finally once all my stuff is packed I put them aside and lay down in bed. Then Cheney, ARod, and HAO come in my room.
"You all packed?" HAO asks.
"Yes I am." I tell them.

"Well since it's our last day in Kansas City we decided to take a walk around for a while. You wanna come?"
"Yea sure let me get my shoes.

We walked around almost the entire city and just talked. We were all excited to be going back. Well most of.
"So who are you guys most excited to see?" I asked.
"Umm I think I'm gonna go with KO. I miss that squirrel." HAO says.
"Probably Morgan Brian. I always love messing with her." ARod says.
"Defiantly not Ali." Lauren says in an annoyed tone.

Lauren and Ali aren't really friends and have a lot of problems and drama between each other.
"And I'm going to try and avoid her as much as possible." Lauren adds on.
"You guys are teammates you know this has to be settled." I tell Lauren.
"I know.."

We all walk back to our hotel and said our good nights and stuff.
"We'll see you guys tomorrow." I tell them.

I wake up to my alarm and immediately get out of bed. I was just so excited to be going back. I take a shower, eat breakfast and get the rest of my stuff ready. I felt pretty happy because I was the first one ready. I waited for them in the lobby. We said goodbye to some of my teammates here before we left.