Chapter 13

We arrive back at the Phantomhive estate and enter the manor.

Ciel reassured us that Sebastian would return shortly and not to worry.

I watch as Madison rests in a bed in the guest room.

I hate to leave her alone, but I have to go and talk to Ciel. I know he has the answers to the questions clouding my head.

I slowly stand to my feet and walk to the door before taking another quick look behind me to make sure she's still there.

I sigh and leave the room, closing the door behind me.

I make my way to Ciel's office and knock on the door.

"Come in."

I slowly open the door and step inside.

"Hello Y/N. What can I do for you?" he asks, setting down his pen.

I take a seat in one of the seats in front of his desk and fold my hands in my lap.

"I need you to answer a few questions for me. First, I heard William say that he hates being in the same room as Sebastian, but he said one of 'them'. Is Sebastian not human?" I ask, my voice clear.

Ciel stares at me before looking down and runs a hand through his navy hair.

"I knew this question would come." he says softly before he looks up at me again.

"No. He is not human. Neither is the Trancy butler. They are both demons. Alois and I made contracts with them to find true happiness and once that is achieved, they will devour our souls. Until then, they will serve as our butlers." His expression does not change at all as he explains, as if thinking that you will die by the hand of a demon is completely normal.

"Why would you make a deal like that?" I ask, my voice raising an octave.

"I want to find the people who murdered my parents." he says.

I open my mouth to speak, but close it again.

He never wants to have a family? Find that one special person to spend his life with?

I bite my lip and close my eyes, gathering my thoughts for my next question.

"So then, what is William and that girl Grell?"

Ciel cracks a smile for a split second.

"They are shinigami. And that 'girl' is actually a man."

I choke on my saliva.

"A-are you serious? B-but he was all over Sebastian! And he looked like a woman!"

"It's true."

I blink and settle back into my seat.

"So what do shinigami do?" I ask.

"They kill people when they are scheduled to die and collect their souls."

This is a lot to take in. So Madison was supposed to still be dead...

"Are you alright?" Ciel asks.

I nod my head and stand.

Ciel walks over to me and places his hands on my shoulders.

"I know, it's a lot to take in and you probably have more questions, but save them for later. After today's events, you should lie down."

I slowly nod my head, not paying much attention.

Ciel slightly shakes me and I focus on his clear blue eyes staring intently at me.

I blush slightly as I realize how close we are. Ciel leans in closer until our lips meet and my eyes go wide.

His arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me closer, causing me to blush harder.

He pulls away and tucks a stray lock of H/C hair behind my ear and his hand strokes my face.

There's a knock on the door and we move apart as it opens and standing there smiling brightly is Sebastian.

"I have taken care of the problem, my Lord." he says.

Ciel frowns at him and walks back to his desk.

"Good now go get some tea."

Sebastian places his hand over his heart-or where his heart would be- and gets down on one knee.

"Yes, my Lord."

Ciel POV.

There he goes doing it again; ruining the moment.

I growl lowly and Y/N looks at me.

I sit back at my desk and begin working on the paperwork again.

I can feel Y/N's eyes on me before she sighs.

"I have to go and check on Lady Madison."

I nod my head and she leaves.

The room is silent until there's urgent knocking and I sigh.

"Come in." I call without looking up.

The door opens and the next thing I know, I'm tackled out of my chair in a hug.

"Ciel!"

I inwardly groan at the shrill voice.

I pry her off of me and sit back down in my chair.

"What is it, Elizabeth?" I ask.

"I told you, call me Lizzy! Anyway, I wanted to see you."

I fight the urge to roll my eyes as she hugs me again.

There's another knock on the door and I sigh for what feels like the hundredth time today.

"Come in."

The door opens and Y/N enters the room.

Elizabeth freezes once she sees her and looks at me.

"Ciel who's this?" she asks.

I can't answer. I can only stare in complete and utter shock.

This is what I never wanted to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mwuahaha! Another cliffhanger!

Jkjk.

Anyways, aren't you guys proud? 2 chapters in 1 day! Yay! (^o^)

Looks like Reader-chan got some answers. And a kiss! Sorry for all you fangirls who wanted Sebby to be first, but he's next.

Anyway, I own nothing except the plot. Thanks for all of the support and I love you guys. ☆〜(ゝ。