Chapter 19

"Y/N." I turn to see Ciel standing a few feet away.

"Hi Ciel." I give a small smile.

"How do you feel?" He walks a little closer and sits beside me on the fountain.

"I feel fine. Thank you for allowing me to stay the night."

He shakes his head.

"I've already told you. You can come to me for anything. I want to protect you."

He tucks my bangs behind my ear and strokes my face, making me blush.

"T-thank you Ciel."

His eyes meet mine and my heart skips a beat as I'm entranced in his ocean blue orbs.

He leans in slowly and I find myself leaning in as well. Do I want to kiss him?

"Young Master, there is someone on the phone who wants to speak with you." Sebastian calls from his office window.

Ciel growls lowly before pulling back and standing, brushing himself off.

"I apologize for the interruption, but I must go. Make sure you eat." And with that, he walks back inside.

I let out a sigh of both disappointment and relief. Part of me wanted the kiss, but the other part wasn't too sure.

An arm wraps around my waist and a gloved hand clamps over my mouth before I'm lifted from the ground. I let out a muffled scream as the stranger leaps over the gardens, me in their arms.

I watch the maze walls of the gardens and blurred colors whiz by as we seem to fly overhead.

Finally, we reach the ground again and I move away as fast as I can before I realize it's only Claude.

"Oh. Hello Claude."

"Hello my dear. His Highness has requested your presence."

"Oh um...okay...but shouldn't I let Ciel know that I'm leaving?" I glance back at the manor before turning back to the demon in front of me.

"No need. I have left a note explaining that you will be at the Trancy manor for a few days."

Days?

"Um alright then."

He helps me into the carriage before climbing in himself and we pull away from Phantomhive manor.

I try to keep my attention focus on the passing trees, but my eyes get drawn back to Claude's.

We lock eyes for a few minutes and I notice him smirk, his eyes turning into that mystifying pink color.

My attention is captivated by him and him alone as I feel myself  slowly leaning closer.

"Y/N."

A chill goes down my spine when he says my name. What is this feeling?

His gloved hand cups my cheek and he pulls me close, sitting me in his lap.