Chapter 8: Coastal Calamity

The next morning, or should I say afternoon since it was 3 o'clock, I awoke in a luxurious queen sized bed that had a wooden canopy frame that was fit for a princess. I felt like a princess from drowning in the comfort of the rich atmosphere which was complete by silky bed sheets and warm California sun shining through the window on me.

The room was about the size of two average sized rooms put together, walls 
painted a lavish cream color. The color reminded me of Paris for some reason; small outside cafes in chill weather and warm coffee. The spread out walls were decorated with some paintings of strikingly red poppy fields that really caught your attention; the red against the cream.

Pulling the room together in elegance was a grand piano that was in the corner of the large room, it was captivating how the light from the Christmas lights hanging above on the wall brought light to it.

To me, this was paradise.

And I had just woke in it.

In the kitchen I found my aunt Jenna serving a breakfast of eggs to my two cousins.

As I emerged from the hallway from my room, my cousin Oriana shrieked giddily, "Momma, Jessie's here!" from the stool she was seated in.

I take it that Jenna had forgot to tell my cousins that I'd be coming.

"Yep Ana, I teleported here from Washington just to see you guys." I say, winking at her as I take a seat in the barstool beside her.

Next to Oriana sat her brother who was six years older than her, Oriana herself being at the innocent age of six.

Let's just say James was not as pleased to see me as his little sister was.

"I saw your car parked out front." James stated lamely, not making eye contact with me.

"Well duh, I teleported here with my car so I could take you and your sister out for ice cream," I retort, watching as Oriana got an excited look on her face.

"Uh uh, Ori," Jenna answers almost immediately, looking up from her morning paper before her on the other side of the counter, "Don't even think about eating any ice cream until you've finished your plate," gesturing to Oriana's untouched portion of scrambled eggs.

Oriana pouted but didn't protest, lowering her head as she glared with detest at the eggs, scrunching her nose.

"Fiesty, Jenna." I say playfully, I gave my aunt a shocked look and rose an eyebrow.

Behind her glasses that were designer, Jenna's light eyes met mine, letting out a laugh and she replied, "Fiesty kids."

"Bitch mom." James interjected unexpectedly.

"James!" His mother and I both exclaimed at the same time. My voice was more so shock and hers was more scolding, as if this wasn't anything new to her.

He immediately slid off his stool and took of down the hallway, feet pattering against the wood floor as he went to his room, slamming the door loudly behind him.

Aunt Jenna sighed and frustratingly took off her glasses and set them on the counter, I couldn't exactly tell what she was doing; her eyes on now empty stool that James had once sat in.

"Uhm Mommy," Oriana spoke in a almost cute soft whisper, "James didn't finish his eggs." Her big innocent eyes glanced down to her unfinished plate of eggs back up to her mom.

"Yes Oriana, you can go," Jenna replied with no hesitation, very obviously agitated.

"Go tell your brother that Jess is taking us out for ice cream at Bernie's in ten minutes."