Chapter 9: the di[spare] of it all

not really that edited but i've been working on this ever since i published "Coastal Calamity".

---

That night Bud took Jenna and my cousins and I to a high class restaurant at the top of a hotel.

Honestly, today had been a lot more fun than I predicted it was going to be.

Jenna, Oriana, and I had spent of the day splashing in the waves down at the beach that was their backyard. While we were playing in the water, James and his dad played catch with a football on the beach.

After that Jenna and I had played beauty shop and had got all dolled up to go to the restaurant we were at now, doing our hair and make up elegantly. We tried to do Oriana's hair but she's a stubborn little thing with natural curls in her hair as wild as she is.

Jenna had lent me one her dresses to wear; which to my surprise was nothing like a 'mom' dress.

Jenna owned a lot of fancy and cute clothes, it made sense to me because Jenna's job was working with up and coming female models. She was basically a manager, mentor, and mom to these young and attractive girls who usually lived with her; to learn the tricks of the trade of course.

By observing Jenna's closet, I could tell that the style of young models must have rubbed off on her a bit.

The dress Jenna had lent me was a bright peach color, the length might have been a little shorter than what I'm used to but I didn't even care, the dress was beautiful. It had sleeves that went down to my wrists and was snug on me but it fit just perfectly.

Since Jenna was doing my hair, makeup and dressing me, I just went with whatever she did and didn't complain.

After I had put on the dress, she did my makeup in a way that made it all look natural. She had then put a gold multi-strand necklace around my neck, though it hung down quite lower with the other thin gold strands. It was beautiful.

She had also given me cream pearl earrings to wear. You'd think that they wouldn't be visible because of my hair covering them, but that was wrong. They were easy to see because Jenna had done an up do to my hair; curling the strands of hair that resided in front of my ear.

Lastly, slipping my feet into a pair of sandals that matched the color of the gold necklace.

I overall felt-

Powerful?

Powerful enough to fit in at a elegant restaurant that is on top of a hotel.

Vic>

We ended up going bowling.

Stephanie and Katherine decided on it, a way to distract themselves from the knowing feeling that they had canceled a cheer meeting due to Jessica. They weren't exactly angry, mostly confused and concerned about their drifting friend.

I honestly feel sorry for Jessica.

The way everyone talks about her, how she's always punctual and always perfect. Having everybody have those expectations of her, practically waiting for her to make a mistake- or rather a choice different from what she usually does only to criticize her for it.

"Hey, why so quiet?" Stephanie asked in her friendly voice, bounding over to me after striking out on her turn of bowling. Mike and Katherine were bowling together as a couple, sitting across the table from me; Katherine seated on Mike's lap and in their own little world.

Stephanie sat down before me on a stool and eyed me with her big green innocent eyes.

"Just thinking," I reply with a shrug, watching Mike carry Katherine to go take their turn.