Axel Saroon

I do NOT OWN the photograph above!! Nor any of the pictures in this story!!!
•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Axel

Okaaay, so long story short: Our Alpha pissed off some packs awhile back, our pack is training like crazy now, everything's good~ all is going well~ all except~

Me.

...

I suck at ALL MY TRAININGS!!!! Thing is, there are 3 things you could be in this pack: Hunter, Fighter, or Healer.

Though I'm quick and can hide well, I can't pounce on a rabbit. I always end up having to dash for it and, being the clumsy wolf I am, I crash or end up getting tricked by the rabbit. For healing, I either make the medicine too strong or too weak, ineffective, or just plain out poisonous. Plus, being the clumsy wolf I am, I break the bottles or spill things. And as for fighting, well let's just say I am far more suited for running away. And I don't see what's the problem with that, I'm like the fastest runner in the pack after the top 3! Except for the fact it's hard to stop or make a sharp turn without falling over...

cough cough

So because I suck, I get bullied often by my peers and looked down on by adults. Which is why my parents kicked me out a week after turning 16~ something about "I need to stop being lazy and work hard for once" or "'I'm old enough to handle responsibilities". I'm a werewolf so I really can go wherever the hell I want, the rules for the human folks don't really apply to us.

So to pay for my everyday needs~ I got a job at this sucky dog day care thing called Wolfie's Woofing Care. There were only like 4 dogs when I started. I asked the owner if I could work there but he said no. So I insisted I was great with dogs and even demonstrated by telling a dog who was lifting his leg ready to pee in the corner to move it to the pee pad. After seeing the dog obey me, he hired me on the spot. Werewolf perk: you can communicate with any in the canine family~

A month later, business shot up and there were more customers, and my main job is training the dogs while the owner cleans and handles the money. I get good enough pay for food and clothes. And I stay at the extra room at the very back of the store.

Mr. Owner did ask about my family and stuff, I lied telling him I'm an orphan and that I was just looking for a job. The word orphan, I guess, unsettled him deeply since he stopped asking any further after whispering a "sorry".

For 2 months, my life was pretty hectic with the camp training and dog training. After a day of training a dozen of dogs everyday, it's nice to just lay in my room with my cat all purring on my lap. Hah, yeah I know it's weird! I have a cat when I live in a dog daycare~! Strange I know, to own a cat when I'm surrounded by dogs.

But my poor Waffles was being chased by kids and their dogs, meaning to hurt her, so I turned into my wolf form and scared the shit outta them!! Of course I didn't morph in front of them. Waffles stopped running since I scared her too, so she just collapsed from exhaustion and fright. Then I saw her injured leg. After I took her to Mr.Owner and he treated her up, I asked if I could keep her. He obviously said yes as long as she stays in my room. I took care of Waffles after that and she warmed up to me and my wolf form, knowing I'd protect her.

This all happened on my 16th year of life. So I was settled in the human world, but of course back at the camp I'm still being bullied and failing the trainings.

After getting knocked out in fighting training by one of my damn bullies who claimed to have "accidentally" punch me on the side of the head, I was sent over to the healers in the cabin. There, the Alpha visited me. She was straight forward, quick, and blunt:

"Axel, since you repeatedly fail at even the simplest things in all 3 trainings and obviously aren't well-liked by other pack members, I'm assigning you a tutor. You will train hard and be useful in the pack for once."

Ouch.

"Who will tutor me?"

"Forrest Starr"

After hearing that name for a reply I froze on the bed as the Alpha left the cabin. Forrest is the 3rd best wolf in the pack, raised and trained by the Alpha herself. He was a 9 year-old rogue taken in by the Alpha after an incident and though the pack disapproved of him, they couldn't help but think better of him when he completed the Alpha's training at 11. His intelligence and power by then surpassed the Beta himself, but even so, the Alpha refused to make him Beta even now at 23 years old. After the pack questioned her multiple times, she announced that though Forrest did indeed surpass our Beta by power and intelligence, he doesn't have the social skills that our Beta does. It would be difficult for Forrest to: talk with others (since he rarely speaks to anyone but the Alpha), comfort others on heavy matters (since he comes off as cold and threatening), and especially stay outdoors to watch over the camp (since he is an extreme introvert who returns to his room after his task is complete for god knows what).

And that very wolf of all the wolves in our pack was going to tutor me?!?!

God, I can see the TORTURE already!!!!

He's gonna yell at me.

Nononono he's scary enough!

He's gonna tutor me all day and night with no rest!!

Nonononononononono

Perhaps, starve me?

NONONONONONONONONONO!!!

I jump off the bed and rush out the cabin to talk to the Alpha. She was already at the front of her house on the other side of the camp. I ran to her with all my energy and when I tried to stop I crashed but got up quickly to look at the unamused Alpha.

"Forrest can't be my tutor!!"

With the same unamused face she asks, "Because?"

"Because!! Because...because..because!!", the reasons overflowed in my mind and I couldn't answer, "He just can't!! He...he..he terrifies me!!"

A moment of silence.

Her face didn't change one bit and instead she turned to face her door and before going in and shutting it she says, "First of August, starting at 5:09"

...

"That's...", I couldn't believe it, "That's my 17th birthday...exactly...!!"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•
This is my first story and I hope you readers out there enjoyed it~  if you have any questions you can just comment or ask me by message or whatever flies your kite~ Thank you again!!