Point of View

Forrest

I dodged Axel before he struck me and went under him to flip him to his back. He recovered incredibly quickly, going after me again. He's fast, probably faster than me. That's what got him going this long, not only is his body fast but now his mind too. We've been going at it for 4 hours now.

He jumped, I immediately turned around to find he wasn't there, I used my scent and at that exact moment he struck me.

Everything slowed down.

My eyes were wide, and so was his. I felt both shocked and thrilled as his paw struck me, and I could tell he felt the same way. I stumbled by a lot, but quickly regained my posture in a panic. I looked up to his paralyzed frame.

"I did it...", he muttered under his breath, "I finally did it!".

He was still taking a moment to absorb all of this. What he meant was that he finally struck me when I wasn't holding back. I morphed back into my human form, making him quickly morph too. I wasn't as tired as he probably felt, so I decide on a break. All that we're focusing on are his fighting and hunting training, healing was accomplished about a week ago.

I went over to hug him, "That strike was amazing. I'm so proud."

I was sure he made that shy, grinning face as he hugged me back, then he asked, "Does that mean I'm on the same level as the rest of the pack?"

I chuckled as I pulled back, massaging his shoulders, "Real close, Axel."

He giggled.

I looked at the sky, it was probably around 9:00 am by now. We had plenty of time. Then my phone rang, taking the both of us by surprise. I quickly answered it.

"Hello."

"Forrest, just letting ya know that I'm returning your fishes, along with their new friends."

"Uhh..."

"No objecting, they're already in your room. Also guess what I got at the back of the house!"

I remained silent.

"Oh my fucking god you boring motherfucker...never mind! Everyone has the rest of the day off, so go fuck around. Also, Forrest?"

"Yeah?"

"...uhh, have fun..."

I smiled, "Thanks."

She hung up.

I put my phone away. I turned to Axel who quickly looked away. I furrowed my eyes in confusion before realizing he was probably looking at my phone while I talked to the Alpha. A thought occurred to me.

"Hey,", he looked up at me, "wanna go shopping?"

~•~

We first dropped by his house where he went to get only his backpack.

"What's in it?", I asked curiously. It looked ready to explode.

"My money.", he replied naturally. I stared at him dumbfounded. He caught me staring and asked if I wanted to check. I made my way behind him to open the backpack.

"Uhh, careful when opening it...it might burst..."

Sure enough the backpack was completely filled with money. All in which were twenties. This was probably a couple thousand.

"How did...?", I was beyond surprise. How could he have so much!?

"Oh, I get 20 every month cuz like I get lots of tips. So, it works out for both me and Mr. Owner~"