Is John a likeable character?

John

Our Alpha returned.

She returned.

...

Everyone's spirits have lifted. Everyone's working and training their best.

...

They all have motivation driving them...

What do I have to motivate me...

What do I have to protect...

What do I have anything to lose...?

"Back 'ere again..."

"What do you want now, Mixen?", I was too tired to be annoyed with him.

"Heh,", he more than coughed out, "I'm just 'ere."

We were once again at my special spot. I didn't bother turning my head to him, I just continued staring at the open field. The open field at the very end of the forest, yet still untouched by humans.

"Go away.", I whispered.

"What? Hard to hear ye.", he lied, staring at the open grass with me.

"Go away.", my voice trembled.

"John..."

"Go away...!", I buried my head in my arms, pulling up my knees and holding tight. That's all I could ever do nowadays: hold on tight.

I sobbed and sobbed to myself. Mixen allowed me to with no interruptions. I continued to cry onto my wet arms, no longer caring about how I looked, how pathetic, nor how vulnerable I was at that very moment. I cried all bottled up emotions, all the frustration, all the hatred. This should've made me feel better, but it didn't. After crying it all out, I just felt empty. Hollow.

"Damn it,", I looked up and wiped at my eyes, "Is being hollow all I could go back to?", I asked to no one but myself.

"No.", Mixen said with an ancient husk to it.

I jolted in surprise, his silence made him fade from my mind.

"Heheh,", he laughed out sadly, "John, believe it er not ye still've sumthin' to fight fer..."

I narrowed my eyes at him. He continued.

"I know there is to be a war a'comin...I know it is a war that took yer parents...and I know that ye stayed optimistic by lookin' ferward to yer mate in the future...someone that'll love ye forever more..."

He turned to me, who had fresh tears making their way down the wet road of my cheeks.

"But believe it or not, there's still sumthin' to fight fer."

"Like what?", I asked, desperate.

"After all that hardship, where did ye return to? What people where there fer ye? Who continued to feed ye?"

"...random people...", I answered confused.

"Heheh,", he laughed out huskily again, "random people? What are these "random people" that continued to care fer ya?"

"...the pack membe-"

"The pack! Yes!", he cheered out pointedly, "the pack! And what did Lavender say the pack is? What did she say the pack is in that speech of 'ers?"

I wasn't following what he was saying. I just narrowed my eyes at him in confusion.

"We fight fer everyone in the pack,", he quoted from the Alpha, "isn't that...family?"