We all have a guilty pleasure :P

Forrest

I walked back into the lab to be greeted with an interrogation of some sort. Oren and Arthur sat on the chairs while Daisy and Axel stood before them. Axel had his arms crossed and Daisy had a hand on her hip. Oren slightly smirked, Arthur had the most unamused expression I've ever seen.

"Was it a book about dogs?!", Daisy accused.

"It was a book about dogs.", Axel backed up.

"It wasn't a fucking dog book!!", Arthur looked pissed off beyond hell. Oren let out a snicker, but held it again when Arthur glared at him.

"Why don't you question Oren?! It's not like I'm the only one reading the w—!!"

Axel and Daisy's eyes widened.

"W! IT STARTS WITH A W!!"

Oh god...

What the hell did I walk into....?

I looked around the room and found Grinlo writing in her notebook. I headed her way.

"Work?", I asked.

"Kind of,", she muttered, "human work."

"Ah."

My head snapped back at the four behind us as Arthur stood up with hands on the table, trying to look intimidating. It would've worked if he wasn't around four feet tall and around 7 years old.

I turned back to Grinlo, "What's your job as a human?"

"I'm a tutor."

"Really?"

"Yeah, mostly to middle schoolers and high schoolers.", she finished up her writing, closed her notebook, and placed it back in her backpack.

"Do you have a job?"

I grew flustered, feeling like a child, "No..."

She chuckled, "And yet your mate has one."

I didn't respond and she laughed it off saying she was teasing. We focused our attention back to the interrogation.

"Look here you bitch, I wasn't looking at a damn dog book nor was I looking at a damn smut book!", Arthur was getting frustrated by the second and Oren was laughing his ass off.

"How old is he?", I asked Grinlo.

"Arthur is eleven, Oren is fifteen, and Daisy's 23.", she turned to face me, "I'm 20, how about you and Axel?"

"Axel's 17, I'm 23."

Her eyes slightly widened, "Oh, six years."

"Yeah."

"Not so often.", she whispered.

"Yeah."

To change the topic, I asked about the other three again, "What's with Arthur, if I'm allowed to ask?"

Grinlo slightly cringed, "Ah...well...it's no secret, but..."

"Don't feel obligated to tell me.", I assured her.

She looked down and nodded in thanks.

"Hmm, what else starts with 'W'?", my mate wondered aloud, "...wolf?".

At that, Arthur's breathing hitched, and Oren choked while he laughed. Daisy gasped, jumping from toe to toe in excitement.

"WOLF BOOK!", Daisy yelled.

"Wait, what if it's a werewolf book?", Axel wondered aloud yet again.

Arthur's eyes were wide with fear, and Oren stopped laughing, knowing they were too close to being found out.

That's when it clicked, "Romance werewolf stories...?", Daisy whispered, "...oh my god...".

"YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE!", Daisy pointed at Arthur.

"NO!!", Arthur denied, "NONONONONO!!!", he was blushing mad. Oren's eyes glossed at the sight of his blushing friend, an he continued to laugh.

"Arthur, as you've probably noticed, is paler than the rest of us."

I turned my head to Grinlo who spoke.

"His health is beyond our help."

I frowned at those words, "Is that why he was assigned in the group to accompany Axel?", I asked.

She chuckled a bit, "Our Alpha convince him to be a part of the group. Even a medic is usually targeted in a war. You could say He is like a father to Arthur."

She sighed, we both turned our heads to just watch them laugh and calm Arthur down who looked defeated.

"It's alright,", Axel chuckled, his hand on Arthur's shoulder, "I like reading werewolf stories too."

Arthur still held his pouty look, but looked up at Axel.

"Sometimes,", Axel continued, "I like writing some of my own, hehe."

Everyone stopped laughing for a moment. Daisy couldn't help but smile, then bursted out in glee, askin if she could read some one day. Arthur had fully calmed down, actually smiling a little for once in relief that he isn't the only one. Oren took notice of him and smiled, blushing.

The lab was filled with joyful conversation and Axel looked at me for the first time since I've returned. His smile became huge as he ran to me with arms wide open.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T NOTICE YOU!!", he then began apologizing  multiple times. I hugged my mate, assuring him it was alright. I told him how proud I was of him.

"Wait, why?", he asked. Those gorgeous eyes of his wide with curiosity.

"Cuz of how you handled the situation. You even made a friend out of Arthur."

He smiled with excitement, happy I was proud of him.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

Our heads snapped to the footsteps approaching. We all hurried to look busy.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

Creeaaak...

After the door was opened, Light Claw's Alpha approved of what he saw. Daisy helping Axel write down what she observed from the making of Glam Glam Goop on his new journal. Arthur and Oren stood around them, pointing and telling Axel the reasons for their theories. Grinlo stood back, watching them, and I was all the way at the other end of the room, on a stool.

"It's good to see you lot aren't playing around. Hopefully,", His eyes narrowed in seriousness, "it stays that way."

The door closed as he exited the lab, all of us let out a deep breath.

"He definitely knew.", Daisy whispered.

"Yeah.", Axel, Oren, and Arthur said in unison.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

I DID IT!!! ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!! SO SO SOOORRYYYY FER TE LATE CHAPTERS!!!!!! But I want to let y'all know I truly do appreciate YALLS votes an comments :,D how blessed I am with y'all as lemon sponges, in fact, y'all have been promoted to LEMON SPONGES WITH CAPES!!! Sorry if it's lame...I'm lame.....so so lame..........