So metaphoric it's almost literal.

Axel

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping from outside. The rays of sunlight creeping in through where the dark blue curtains parted. My eyes drooped down, such warmth and comfort, such peace...it was hard to resist the temptation of more sleep. The longer I was awake the more I noticed my surroundings. A heavy arm was keeping me on the bed, I turned to look at the face of my mate and I saw Forrest. His face never looked so relaxed. It always had that grumpy look that I adored, but this right now, it relieved me. His soft breathing could barely be heard, and upon a closer look I saw that he was drooling! It was like a mini waterfall, a small spot of the pillow soaked. I laughed through my nose, trying to keep quiet. It wasn't everyday you have this moment.

Then Forrest's face began to scrunch up, he moved around and broke the waterfall. Then, with his eyes still closed shut, he lifts his head. The room was too bright for him, despite there being so little light, but he opened his eyes ever so slowly, allowing me to see his forest green eyes.

"Were you the one who snorted?", he grumbled in a rough voice.

I laughed a bit, so happy to have him awake. His face grew soft into a smile, and his eyes and brows relaxed themselves to look so in love with me. I was just swelling with happiness at this moment.

Forrest

Waking up to the sound of Axel's snort, then to see only his face brightened by the sunlight, everywhere else shaded, felt surreal. I asked him whether he snorted or not....

Then he laughed, oh, that laugh. The way his eyes smile, the way he opens his mouth in joy, that laugh. I don't know how to describe it. It made my heart ache yet blossom.

I leaned in to kiss his forehead, while he kissed my chin. I looked at him weirdly, "Who kisses someone on the chin?", I asked. He laughed and left his sunlight spot to hug me. He was so happy. That made me happy. Just him, in my arms. I could care less about that blasted sun sneaking it's shiny way into my room, because nothing could be brighter than seeing my Axel so happy.