Countdown

August 1, 20xx

Axel

It's 5:07.

Today is the day I may find my mate...

Only 2 more minutes now.

Right now, I'm behind this massive boulder at my training ground. I'm not the first to arrive; our Beta seems to be giving Forrest some information about today's plan and such. So I'm hiding and pretending not to be here.

.....

I look at my watch.

5:08.

AAARRGHGHG!!! I'm suppose to seek my mate and here I am to train!!!!!

I sneak a peek at the two again. Still talking....

I sigh deeply but quietly.

I look at my watch again as it begins the countdown.

35

36

37

I start to panic now. What should I do????? Do I stay for my training or look for my mate????? It's not even guaranteed I'll find my mate today, but still...

45

46

47

Okay okay!! I can just stay to train and once I smell my mate, I DASH OFF!! Yeah!! that sound perfect!!!

52

53

54

No...nonononononononono!! Bad plan! BAD PLAN!!!

55

No, once I start my training I'll be forced to stay!!!

56

I'll just make a run for it.

57

Ah, but I can't disobey my Alpha!!!

58

No, but this is my mate!! ARGH!!! I can't think straight!!!!!

59

As soon as I see that number I make a dash for it into the forest. As fast as I possibly can.

Forrest

It's 5:07, the wolf is probably going to be late.

"And then at 3:28, you will tutor him on his last training: healing.", the Beta informs me.

"That would be the last lesson.", I say.

"Yes, but you won't be done with him quite yet..."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"The Alpha didn't tell me the plans after that but...well, just cross the bridge when you get there! Since it's nearly time, I'll be going."

He morphs into his wolf and dashes off to the Alpha, most likely.

I stare at the direction he ran off to in confusion. I knew he was lying. The Alpha did tell him her plan.

I was going to look at my watch when I hear someone run off into the forest, running as if their life depended on it.

That's when it hit me.

The aroma....the fragrance...c-could it..be? My mate?!