I love you, kid.

Forrest

......

What?

Daisy squealed and jumped forward to hug Axel like a proud mother. Grinlo sensed me, and turned towards me with a smile.

"Shame on you to miss it,", she said casually, eyes turning back to face Daisy and my Axel.

"I'm not even sure what I missed."

"Just Daisy marrying Axel with the journal."

I wasn't even jealous, since I knew this was Axel after all. However...it must be a new record for him to be this random...

"Hmph, seems like him to go along with it.", I chuckled, smiling at the sight of my mate and Daisy actually comforting each other at what just happened. My eye twitched.

"Pardon me.", I excused myself as I left Grinlo to go towards my mate. It's my privilege to comfort him. Once Axel saw me, his arms opened in welcome. I hugged him back, massaging his shoulder.

Daisy calmed down, "Alright, alright,", she huffed, fanning her hands at her face, "Let's get back before our Alphas start wondering what's taking us!".

She looked around, "Where's Arthur?"

"Arthur and Oren are in the book section.", Grinlo replied.

We headed towards the book aisle, our eyes widening at the two who snickered uncontrollably at something they were reading. Arthur was focused on what the book read, Oren, in the other hand, was snickering at Arthur's unbelievable amusement.

"There you guys!", Daisy walked over to them. They both straightened up and Arthur quickly hid the book, looking flustered. Oren continued to snicker at him, but stopped once his elbow came into contact with his stomach. Daisy just sighed, "C'mon! Before we get in trouble!".

Arthur placed the book back on the shelf, shuffling it with others so that we wouldn't be able to know which book he read. Daisy pouted for her chance of knowing was now put out like a blow to a candle's flame.

~•~Back at the camp~•~

Axel and Daisy spent the whole time gossiping about Arthur and his secret guilty pleasure he tries so hard to keep hidden. Arthur and Oren walked quietly ahead of us, and I stayed at the very back with Grinlo. We entered our camp like that and our eyes widened at the amount of wolves that came over from Light Claw. Everyone was busy. Our Alpha could not be seen, and their Alpha saw us and told us to go back to the lab.

"Where's our Alpha?", I asked Him before He left.

He sighed and turned to face me with an annoyed expression as if I was wasting his time, "Settling down some of Her wolves from lashing out."

I kept quiet as He turned to leave. I sighed, I've been so distracted with Axel's group I forgot that not all wolves were as calm as them.

"Forrest?"

I turned my head to Axel and the group who was already heading to the lab, "C'mon.".

I clenched my jaw, Axel's face became worried, and he walked towards me, asking what's wrong.

"You go ahead, I'm going to have to help our Alpha with some duties.", I placed my palm to his cheek, "Go do some sciency stuff.", I smiled down at him. He blushed with a big smile, then pulled me down by the neck to hug me. He then let go and would've ran off if I didn't caught his arm, "Not even a kiss?", I asked, bewildered. He chuckled and went on his tip toes to reach my lips. I felt my face heat up, and his breath on my lips as his left mine. My lips felt cold after that.