4. Long distances

I'd like to say thanks so much to Too_Cutex3 for voting & commenting on this book!

It means a lot to me, and it made my day to know that someone actually likes the story.

Alright, anyway, I've spent the weekend with my family on my dad's side, that I don't see often, because they live a little over three hours away from where I live in Kentucky, sooo, now I'm typing this in a car.

I'm also jamming out to Bruno Mars and Lana Del Rey, so that's always fun.

By the way, this chapter's just a filler.

- XoXo Anonymous1509
------------------------------------------
It's very hard to run for a long distance, even though you wouldn't think so.

You can run and run and run, and your body will keep doing it unless you lack the mentality to.

It's just an amazing thing. For someone that doesn't run often, a far distance is a hard thing to achieve, where as somebody that jogs a mile a day could achieve more.

The same thing applies to pain. The more pain that you endure, the more pain tolerance you grow to have.

It's an odd thing to comprehend.

It's also hard to comprehend that someone that isn't used to running at all could run very fast for a long time when terrified.

You could take a person that is entirely out of shape, and give them something to run from, and they will force themselves to run, they will force themselves to continue until they are positive that they are away from what they fear.

But you can also take a person that is dedicated to running, and give them nothing to fear, and they will run a similar distance to the last time that they ran.

That is, unless they are scared that they will not accomplish their goal, which brings us back to fear.

So in all truth, everything a person does, or an animal does, or anything that is living and breathing does, it will lead back to the road of terror.

That is, until you are fearless.

But I'm not fearless, which is why I'm running from someone that scares me very much.

I'm currently running at a slower pace than I was when I first left, because running is faster than walking, and I don't want to take chances.

I run until I can't handle it anymore, and I run until I'm positive that it would take a long time to find me.

As I walk, I hear noises. It's very dark, and I can't see anything beyond the small flashlight that I remembered to pack.

I try very hard not to worry. I know that I'm close to a road, because I keep hear car honks.

I hope that I don't get hit.