14. Breakfast time

When I wake up, there's no Jonah holding me. I glance across the room to see if he's in his bed, only to find that he's not.

There's a clock on the wall that says it's 8:56 in the morning.

I get out of bed, my hair probably a mess, and makeup less. I don't really care, though. I'll look like crap if I wanna look like crap.

I walk out of the room, down the stairs, searching for Jonah and everyone else.

I eventually find the kitchen, where Jonah and one of the other members of the pack are sitting at a table, eating gravy and biscuit, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and much more.

Jonah looks up and sees me.
"Oh hi sweetheart! I didn't want to wake you up, you just looked so peaceful, but now that you're awake, you can have some breakfast." He pats the seat beside of him, and I walk over and sit in it.

Jonah hands me a plate, and I thank him.

I get a fork, and put a pancake on my plate, and then I scoop up eggs, and I crumble up a biscuit and pour gravy on it. I then reach for syrup to put on my pancake.

I probably look like a slob as I eat, because from the corner of my eye, I see Jonah staring at me, and even though he's not saying anything, it makes me self conscious.

I try to eat my food a bit less sloppily, and Jonah says "You are so beautiful."

That draws attention, and somebody Jonah described to me as his Beta looks up and says "Thanks, J. I know I'm stunning."

Jonah lets out a deep laugh.
"I can never say anything serious around you, Cayson."

"I'm sexy, you just need to accept that." His comment makes me smile.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Jonah says, which earns a glare from Cayson, and a grin from me.

"Mhm. Well Janelle, you think I'm sexy, don't ya?" I laugh at Cayson's question, and Jonah raises his eyebrows.

"Oh yes. I think you're very sexy." I chuckle. Jonah gives us both odd looks.
"I'm sexy too, you guys."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Cayson murmurs with a smirk.

Jonah throws a piece of bread at him, and he catches it, only to throw it back at Jonah. I just watch them as I chew food.

Suddenly, there's little growling noises from the living room, they begin to come closer and closer to the kitchen.

And then there are little wolves pawing each other's faces in the middle of the kitchen floor. Both of them are black, and one of them tries to bite the other's paw.

Jonah casts a look at Cayson, and Cayson gets up out of his seats.
"Boys! Stop that." He yells, and the two wolves separate from one another, each growling.

Cayson walks off to the bathroom, and comes back with two towels.
"Both of you. Shift. Now."

Their bones twist and turn until they're both in human forms. They each wrap a towel around them. They are clearly identical twins, and i've already met them. I met them when I was being introduced to Jonah's entire pack.

They are young, probably five if I had to guess, and they have the same dark hair and navy blue eyes as Cayson.

"What were you two fighting about this time?" Cayson asks with crossed arms.

They both start to speak with their little voices.
"Colton took my-
"You said I could have it!"

Cayson rolls his eyes.
"Colton, Ashton, what are you two even fighting over?"

"He took my pillow!"
"You said I could have it!"
"I said you could have my ninja turtle pillow, not my Spongebob-"

Cayson interrupts them.
"If you guys don't stop fighting, I'll have to get your mommy."

"But-" one of the boys mutter.
"No buts. You two are going to take a nap now, and when you two wake up, maybe you'll be nicer to each other."

Jonah grabs their hands, and walks in the direction that I can only assume leads to their rooms.

Once they're gone, I look to Jonah.
"How old is Cayson?"

"22." He tells me.
"Cayson met his mate, Amy, when he was 17 and Amy was 16. They fell in love very quickly. About 4 months after they met, Amy fell pregnant with twins. I've never seen two people as happy as they were.

Cayson carried Amy everywhere, and kissed her all the time. When they finally had their kids, they raised them the best ways they knew how to, and now, they're amazing parents, and Amy is currently pregnant with three more pups. Twins and triplets aren't uncommon for us, it's more uncommon for werewolves to only have one pup than it is for them to have more than one."

I stare at his face.
"So you're telling me... that it's very likely for me to get pregnant with like, five of your kids, and it would be perfectly normal?"
Jonah nods.

"It wouldn't be a huge surprise. You could easily get pregnant with more than that."

Dang. I'd be a watermelon.

"But don't worry about having babies yet, sweetheart. We haven't even completed the mating process yet."

Speaking of watermelons, I believe I'm as red as one.

--------------------------------------------
I know, I know. This chapter's crap. I'm sorry.