8. Alpha

I suck at updating, but here's chapter 8 for you all. 💙

________________________

"I'm taking you to where I live, Janelle. You're going to live with me. You have a new home now." After Jonah says this, it takes me a bit of time to process what he's said.

As it hits me what he's just told me, I utter the words "You're crazy if you think I'm going home with you."

His eyes, his gorgeous eyes, begin to turn dark, much darker than usual, and I'm worried that he'll hurt me, just like my dad.

With this thought in mind, I look at the car seat, and I prepare for him to hit me or slap me, but nothing comes.

Instead, I feel a hand lift my chin up, and I'm looking at him. His eyes are back to blue, and his expression is pleading.

"Please." Jonah whispers. He's begging me to go home with him.

You learn from a young age not to associate with strangers, and had it not been for my upbringing, I'm sure I would've followed that rule, but I've lived with a stranger all of my life.

My father is a stranger that I've lived with for sixteen years. A stranger that has cut me, hit me, broken bones, damaged me with endless words, and so much more.

I have nowhere to go. If Jonah were to let me leave when I please, I'd be lost, and he seems harmless, so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal to stay with him for awhile.

With his hand still holding my chin up, I nod, and move my chin.

"Alright." I mumble.
"Are we close to your house?" He nods and says we'll be there in five minutes.

We say nothing for the rest of the ride, and after five minutes, I see a brick house in the distance, with people standing and talking around it. They all look in our direction as we draw closer.

Once we're in the driveway, the driver stops the car and unlocks the doors.

The house is large, and practically in the middle of nowhere, and that makes me slightly nervous, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I try not to be nervous.

Jonah and I get out of the car at the same time, and once we're both out, I notice Jonah put his hand on my back, probably making sure to stay close in case I try to run away.

Everybody runs towards us, each of them with happy looks on their face. I see children in the house looking through the window before coming outside with everyone else, them too looking joyful.

The people gather around us, all talking at once. I hear a couple say words like "alpha" and "mate," but I don't understand the meanings.

Jonah shushes them.

"I would like all of you to meet my mate, Janelle. She doesn't understand the things we do, so if everyone would, please keep your distance until I've explained everything to her."

With that, I hear a few people murmur "Yes alpha" and "okay" before they return to their previous positions around the house.

Jonah says nothing to me, and I see our driver join the others in random areas.

Jonah keeps his hand on me, rubbing my back. Tingly sensations run all through me. The feelings make me shiver, and Jonah smiles.

We start walking towards the house, and a few people move out of the way as we step on the porch.

When we enter the house, Jonah closes the door and takes me upstairs. By this point, his arm is around my waist, and although it seems like it would be awkward, I feel more protected than anything.

"Janelle, sweetheart, do you want to take a shower? Are you hungry? Do you want me to take your bag from you, so you don't have to hold it?" He asks many questions, and I tell him that yes, I'd like to take a shower, I'm not hungry, and my bag has clothes in it.

He nods, and shows me to the bathroom.

"Okay Janelle, the towel cabinet is right there, and the room you'll be staying in is right here. I'll be in there when you get out of the shower, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to leave." He points at everything, and I just say thank you.

When he's gone, I close and lock the bathroom door, and I take off my clothes.

There's a mirror in front of me and no windows.

In the mirror, I see a girl with disheveled ginger hair and radiant green eyes. I also see a stomach without meat, and thin legs. I'm too tall, and I'm ugly. I've always been ugly.

I try not to focus on the bruises and many cuts like I did the last time I looked in a mirror. There's just too many of all of those things.

Trying to ignore it all, I turn on the shower, and I step in.

The warm water is peaceful. I grab a bottle of shampoo that sits close by, and I scrub it into my hair.

I finish my shower, and I get out, and grab a towel from the towel cabinet, and I change into a pair of clothes out of my bag, and although I'm not entirely trustworthy of Jonah yet, it's nice to know that I no longer have to fear being hit or damaged, and that I have a place to stay for at least a temporary time.

Maybe this isn't so bad.

A/N: I know I took 5 million years to update, but I didn't feel like working on this chapter much. Do you like the story? I know it's not really anything out of the ordinary, but it's not like, absolutely horrible, right? And is there any suggestions anyone wants to comment to make this book better? I'm open to all options.

Xoxo
-Anonymous1509