6. He called me sweetheart

Not too impressed with this chapter. I may edit it or rewrite it, and I know it's short, but I just wanted to update.

Mine.

That doesn't make any sense. This guy doesn't know me, and I have no idea who he is, even though I feel like I should, and like I have a strong connection to him. His touch is tingly.

His hold on me is tight.

I begin to scream and cry again, and all he does is tighten his hand on my mouth, shushing me, and with his other hand, he wipes my tears.

What if this man kills me? No one would know, and nobody would care. Right now would be the perfect opportunity.

Maybe he won't kill me, and the wolves that I hear around me will. I just can't win in this situation.

"Don't cry, sweetheart." The guy mumbles. He keeps wiping my tears, and everywhere he touches makes me tingly.

Sweetheart?

I try to speak, but his hand muffles the sound. I try to scream, but I've already tried screaming, and it's pointless.

I feel him hold me tighter, like he's hugging me. I begin to shake and sob. He's trying to make me trust him, but all he's going to do is hurt me.

"You know the rule. Ten extra cuts for each tear."

My father's words that he's said to me for so many years make me stop crying and fighting.

The guy on top of me starts rubbing a thumb over my left cheek, and it doesn't bother me. If anything, it calms me down.

He finally takes his hand off of my mouth, and I don't scream, because I know that no one would help me, and that he wouldn't let me go.

In the middle of the woods, lying on the ground, with wolves all around us, doing nothing to harm either of us, this random stranger moves us into a position where I'm lying on his chest on top of him, and he's on the ground.

I make no move to run away, knowing that either he or the wolves would catch me, and I relax.

The last thing I remember before my eyes close are soothing words, saying "Everything is okay now, sweetheart."