Edward x Dying...Reader

Look at my body...

Look at my hands...

There's so much here that I don't understand.

Your face saving promises
Whispered like prayers
I don't need them

I've been treated so wrong
I've been treated so long
As if I'm becoming untouchable

Contempt loves the silence
It thrives in the dark
With fine winding tendrils
That strangle the heart

They say that promises
Sweeten the blow
But I don't need them
No, I don't need them

I've been treated so wrong
I've been treated so long
As if I'm becoming untouchable

I'm a slow dying flower
Frost killing hour
The sweet turning sour
And untouchable

You pulled down you sleeves, smiling as Edward told you about how much he hated Col. Mustang, laughing at his imitations.

"Oh, look at me! I can snap and produce fire! I'm Sparky Sparky Boom Man, fear me! But don't throw water on me, or else I'll melt. Where is Edward? Oh, there he is!"

You laughed even harder, bending to hold your knees.

"Brother..." Alphonse sighed, shaking his head.

"Oh man. Your lucky working part time for Mr. Hughes." He said as you waved your hand.

"No way! All day, he goes-" Wanna see my pictures!? Look at my wittle gurl!" She's cute, but man."

"Well, we've got our work cut out for us." He said as you nodded.

"You two...Maybe you should try talking to them?" Al suggested.

"Nope. Before I could speak, a picture would be shoved down my throat." You laughed. A burst of pain went though your side, and you clutched your side, gritting your teeth.

"Y/n!" Both boys yelled out.

"I-Im fine-" before you could finish, you felt the air around you grow thicker, evading your lungs as you struggled to breath.

"Y/N!" Edward yelled as you fell over, darkness consuming you.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You quickly dodged, safe from danger. You moved again, the silver missing your mouth.

"Eat your damn vegetables, Y/n!!!"

"Screw that." You said, folding your arms.

Your friend sighed, and you smiled in triumph... Before he used an evil tactic.

"Hahahah! HAHAHAHAH!!" you laughed, and broccoli was placed in your mouth. You slowly chewed, glaring at Edward. "...bastard. What if I choked? Hypocrite. Why don't you drink milk first then come back to me?"

"Because I'm not the one in a hospital bed." He growled.

"Yeah yeah... Excuses, excuses."

He smiled. You were in a much better mood today.

"Alright, Edward. When I get better, I'm going to challenge you to a competition. We eat our most hated food, and whoever pukes first has to spend a day at the pool with Armstrong."

He grinned.

"You're on, blockhead."

You both shook hands, smiling at each others confidence.