One Chance

Sorry for the short chapter. There's not really much I can fit into it but I did my best.
__________________________________________________

Caroline's POV:

This bracelet never failed to make me think of Selene, which then made me think of Jocelyn, who was now alone with no friends. And here I was happy and never wanting to go back to a life that included her.

It'll be perfect if I can get her back! I thought, continuing the search for her I had been on ever since school had ended, which was ten minutes.

I looked for her black and pink Hello Kitty backpack everywhere, in the hallways, in the bathroom, outside, and even in some of the classrooms. If she wasn't in the parking lot, I'd just have to live with being guilty longer, although I got he feeling I was going to have to do that anyway.

I never cared about the school having 1,700 kids, but when you're looking for one wallflower with pretty much no social life, it suddenly became a real pain.

I frantically searched for her short body. The fact I was only 5'4 didn't help either. I was probably really annoying, standing on my tippy-toes to look for her over people's heads while trying to get out of the middle of the crowd at the same time.

At the very edge of the school boundaries, I saw her starting to head home. Just like I had a feeling she would be, going her secret way so she could avoid "human contact."

My heart leapt, and I found myself smiling.

I took off running as fast as I could, ignoring my Mom's voice in the back of my head telling me to never run in a parking lot.

When she heard my feet, she turned around, and immediately started walking the other way.

"Jocelyn wait! Seriously! I need to talk to you." I put my hand on her shoulder. She turned around with the same look as before on her face as before.

"Why? I thought I said everything I needed to say last time." she remained emotionless, a side of her I still wasn't used to.

"Maybe you did. But you left without letting me finish." she looked like she would listen, but took her shoulder away from my hand, which kinda made the BFF side of me cringe.

"What more would you have to say other than making fun of me, as always, Caroline?" she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Maybe if you'd listen you would find out." I quipped.

She folded her arms, her guard clearly up. I had no clue she was so stubborn. Well, actually I did, but never about these kinds of things. We always got along perfectly fine. I never had to deal with these kinds of things until now.

"Go ahead. Say what you need to. Doesn't mean I'll change my mind."

Ok. A chance. That's all I need.

I took a deep breath, and jumped in head first.

"Jocelyn. I may have done some horrible things in the past to you-" she cut me off.

"And my best friend, Jennifer, who's now ignoring me for some reason. How do I know? Maybe that was all part of this little plan to be nice to me!" she started raising her voice.

Jennifer? Wow, it's just too weird hearing that.

"You and Jennifer, yes. But why would I want to sabotage your friendship with Jennifer?" I asked. The words felt so foreign coming from my mouth, but I would welcome them if it meant I could get my friend back somehow.

"Who knows? Personally I didn't think you could come up with a plan that complex, either. I thought all you thought about was boys, makeup, and how to make your butt look bigger for boys." I knew she was really talking about Jennifer, so I found myself laughing, making her eyes crinkle in confusion.