A Sticky Makeover

Jennifer's POV:

I watched as Mr. Harold scribbled some scientific nonsense onto the whiteboard, as he did every day, taking forever to do so.

I looked down at my paper, filled with impossible theories and formulas that just gave me a headache.

I sighed, and rested my chin on my palm as I blankly stared straight ahead. The posters about Albert Einstein suddenly became strangely interesting the more I looked at this awful paper.

Crinkle crinkle... The sound of paper being smashed into a ball came from the back of the room.

Woosh! A balled up paper landed on my desk. I made sure Mr. Harold was still writing, and opened the shriveled mess.

"Hi." Was written in the center of the paper with a smiley face under it. I smiled, and looked back at who I knew sent me the note.

Scott Donahue, the hottest guy at Westmont High School, was smiling at me.

I smiled back, determined to have him as my boyfriend.

"Hi." I whispered, and gave him a little finger-wave.

"Who can tell me what this means?" He whacked the board with his pointer-stick at some weird Latin word, and waited for volunteers, squinting through his glasses with a look on his face like he drank a glass of sour milk.

Everyone looked at each other as usual, searching for a volunteer.

"No volunteers... What a surprise." Mr. Harold grumbled sarcastically, and turned around again to write some more.

I looked down and rolled my pencil back and forth on my desk, and when I looked up, I found myself staring at a mouthful of crusty yellow teeth, smiling at something behind me.

Scott... She was smiling at my Scott!

No way, I thought to myself.

No one is getting in my way of Scott!

I couldn't believe the nerve of this girl!

How could she even think of trying to be with him when everyone knew he was practically mine... Not that she would ever stand a chance... I mean really... Just look at her.

I literally could have barfed at the scene before me.

Scott smiled, but I could tell he was disgusted by her. She giggled at his response and turned around.

Pathetic.

I scowled at the back of her mangy, split-end-infested hair. Disgusting...

Speaking of disgusting... My gum had lost its flavor a while ago... And I already threw away the wrapper.

I took the gum out of my mouth and looked at it, then at the sad excuse of a frizz-ball that this girl called hair.

I wonder where I should put it?

I smiled, and smothered the gum all over the side of her head.

"Hey!" She turned around.

"Oh! You have something in your hair... Let me get it out for you." I purposely spread it around her head even more, grinning the whole time.

The whole class started bursting into wild laughter.

"Get it out!" She squealed, but I just ignored her.

"You know... You should just cut it... You'd be doing yourself a favor."

I made a face like I actually felt sorry for her.