☓☓ chapter twenty-seven ☓☓

[A picture I found online at the side. *I do not own the picture*]

☓☓ chapter twenty-seven ☓☓
[Skylett's POV]

"Remember, do your best and kick their asses. You are not going home without the championship title. You heard me?" I mimicked what the coach said, mocking a serious look on my face.

Ash rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"It's funny to see you acting all serious. But yes, I will win this match. For you." He winked flirtatiously, pressing a kiss on my temples.

Today was the match, and yes, I managed to attend it.

In fact, I am sitting right next to Mrs Grayson, mum, dad, Chase and Emma on the front row.

The only downfall was that I had a gigantic IV hooked onto my arm and Ash's thick woolen jacket draped over my frail body.

Thankfully, we arrived before most of the spectators, since Amery had to prepare for cheer, and well, River and Ash were the key players. This has helped to rid some attention off on me.

Not long later, the loud speakers announced for the players to assemble and be prepped for the big game itself.

"Alright. So if you don't feel well or if you find it boring, please get mum to send you back to rest, okay? Oh! And if you need anything, please ask -"

Goodness. Can this boy sound anymore like my grandma? I don't even think granny nags this much.

I used all the strength that I had to pull his head down. I pressed my lips to his and that effectively shut his trap.

Just as I was about to release him, my inner self decided to speak up.

Maybe this might be the last time you get to kiss him, it reminded.

So make it last a little longer.

My heart clenched painfully, and I squeezed my eyes shut.

With this new thought in mind, I pulled him closer to me and kissed him like my life depended on it. It sort of did.

Makes sense? Well, to me I think it did.

He returned the favor equally as strongly, his lips feeling soft against mine.

I caressed his defined jawline, his cheeks, and let my fingers run freely through his soft strands of hair, committing them to my memory.

Do we even remember after we die?

Or do we just fade away and disappear once and for all?

We pulled apart only after our lungs felt like exploding.

He rested his forehead on mine as we slowly regained our breaths.

I tilted his face and looked at him straight in the eye seriously.

"I love you so much, Asher Grayson. Remember that for the rest of your life, will you?" The pain and desperation that I've tried so hard to conceal, somehow managed to seep into my voice.