☓☓ chapter two ☓☓

[Picture of Skylett Dawson at the side]

☓☓ chapter two ☓☓
[Skylett's POV]

First day of school always sucks.

Especially if you attend a new one in the middle of the school term - those curious glances and glares you receive are enough to make me dread going to school today.

Yep. You heard me right.

I'm standing in my new house right now, waiting for my mum. I was made to switch schools and move away because my parents found a better paying job over here and due to other personal reasons. Being the only child, I had no other choice but to move with them. Not that I was complaining though, this house was a lot prettier and spacious than my previous one, with a pool and a backyard filled with nice patches of grass and not one full of dead twigs and twags.

Right, so I guess 'twags' don't exactly exist in the dictionary but you get what I mean.

"Ready, honey?" Mum asked, jogging down the spiral staircase, jiggling her car keys with her fingers.

"Never been more ready." I muttered sourly and slung my backpack over my shoulder before following her into the garage. I have a license, but my mum didn't bother buying me another car to get to school by myself every morning. Reason being, my brains can't exactly function properly at such an unholy hour of the day. So, I'm positive that I would just drive into a tree on my way to school.

I wasn't joking. I don't even know how I passed the driving test too. Maybe the tester was tipsy or just plain ole senile. He did seem to be in his sixties... Just saying.

Prevention is better than a cure and hey! I can get more sleep in the car too!

The engine revved to life and soon we were on the road, getting to school.

Cool. Can't wait to get there and meet new people.

Note my sarcasm.

***

"This is your timetable and a map of our school. Your locker is in the north-wing, which is located to your left once you exit this office. If you have no more questions, you may leave for class now. Have a nice day, sweetie." Miss Austin, the office lady said kindly and handed me my timetable and other slips of paper. I thanked her quickly and left the office.

I glanced at the paper and memorized my locker number - #305. So she said to head to my left, right?

Okay I can see #287 in front of me. So it shouldn't be very far from here. After taking a few steps, I started getting glances and whispers from the students around me. I'm actually surprised that they hadn't started staring at me the moment I stepped out of the office.

What an accomplishment. I managed to stay invisible for 10 seconds. This calls for a celebration.

Oh god. Why am I so sarcastic today? I must be going crazy.

I don't exactly consider myself very ugly, because I used to be in the cheer squad in my previous school. But I don't like getting too much attention on myself, so I did what anyone who's under pressure would do - look down and pretend to look through my papers. Make yourself seem busy, so you won't look like a loner.

I would've taken my phone out in other circumstances, but I had too many slips of papers in my hands.

Bad idea. Really bad move.

After another few steps, I bumped into someone and my papers dropped from my grasp.

Now, before you start having ideas... No, it wasn't a rock hard chest that is drool worthy and belongs to a sexy boy, that I bumped into.