☓☓ chapter nine ☓☓

[A picture I found online at the side. *I do not own the picture*]

☓☓ chapter nine ☓☓

"So how was your sleepover, buddy?"

It is currently Tuesday. Yesterday was pretty hectic, so I didn't get to see Chase around. In other words, I wasn't able to get some juicy information out of the monkey. But now that I'm in his room, he can't run away from my questions.

I know he's only five but you get it. Even if you don't, it's alright.

Sometimes I prefer talking to kids rather than adults, since they talk in simple English, and not in riddles.

"It was fun! We played hide and seek in the backyard and built a fort using blankets at night. We even secretly watched a horror movie and she hugged me!" He filled me in, and whispered the last part secretly.

See?

Simple. English. That. I. Understand.

"Sounds like fun! Did you do anything else? Like you know, kiss?" I asked suggestively, smirking.

Now if my mum was here, she would've smacked my head upside down without any hesitation.

But since she's not here, I'm safe to have my 'guy talk' with Chase.

"We-"

"Yeah Chase! Did you guys kiss?" Popped in Am, sticking her head into Chase's room.

Within seconds, her entire body is sprawled on Chase's bed.

And she calls me a bed hog.

You would think that Am will smack my head upside down too, but no. She's even more of a busybody than me sometimes.

Or maybe all the time.

"Can you guys not! No we didn't kiss." Chase blushed, and ran into his closet.

Aw. They didn't kiss. Guess that's the end of my interrogation for the day.

"Alright then. Hurry up and change! We'll be in the kitchen!" I yelled and trotted downstairs with Am.

"So Chase didn't get to kiss his girl. What about you?" Am asked cheekily beside me, pursing her lips, making 'kissy' faces.

"What about me?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Don't act stupid, dumbass. I'm talking about you and Sky." She informed, rolling her eyes.

"What? There's nothing going on between us." I laughed, shaking my head.

Where did my crazy sister get that idea from?

"Yeah right. Keep telling yourself that. Just know that denial is not healthy. I can see the way you guys look at each other."

I'm not even in denial! Its official - she's really insane.

Maybe I should send her for a checkup the next time we visit the hospital. And I should perhaps get myself checked too.

Not that I have a problem or anything.

I didn't bother replying her, since she's already in the kitchen grabbing food for herself, acting as if our conversation did not just take place.

Alright then.

But I'm positive that I'm not in denial. Or so I keep telling myself.

***

"Until next time, ladies. Bye." Am waved and headed for her lessons with Jordan.

"You meant ladies and your incredibly hot and irresistible twin."