☓☓ chapter twelve ☓☓

[A picture I found on Tumblr at the side. *I do not own the picture*]

☓☓ chapter twelve ☓☓

The following week, we had a new match - this time against Hamilton High. After coach's intensive training and methods to help us improvise, we went through a few more rounds of drills before the match itself took place.

It ended pretty quickly, with us beating their asses, and me treating myself some greasily cheesy pizza after that. It was pretty awesome.

Anyways, since I'm not on the field now, but lazing on my bed, let's change the subject to something else.

And by something else, I mean Sky.

No not the sky as in the weather. Sky as in my Sky.

Hold on. I didn't mean to say 'my'. It's just Sky. Okay, I'm rambling.

So two months should be enough right?

Because in my opinion, I think I know literally everything that I have to know about her now - She's an only child, loves the color red, was born on the 18th of September, and is a die hard fan of 5 Seconds Of Summer.

Speaking about her birthday, since it's coming up soon, I've prepared a really special gift for her, which I'm positive she will love.

A lot.

A concert ticket plus a back stage pass.

Yup, that's her present.

My crazy twin has been running around the house for literally an hour yesterday, squealing like a little kid on Christmas.

No joke.

Apparently, mum has given her consent to attend the concert, and even to purchase the backstage pass.

And, after learning from her that Sky is crazy over them too, I immediately went online and bought the same pair of tickets, before they sell out.

Trust me when I tell you that it costed me a bomb.

I mean, seriously?

Why are girls so dumb to spend so much money just to see someone?

Someone.

It's not like they're some rare species from outer space that can be viewed for a certain period of time before they extinct.

I know I'm indirectly calling myself stupid, since I bought it too, but my case is different.

Or so I keep telling myself.

Anyways, like I was saying, I've already known her for close to two months already.

We've been out a few times, some with the gang, whereas on other occasions alone.

If you want to consider dining at McDonald a date, then yup, we went on a lot of dates.

So surely it wouldn't be weird or too soon to ask her out and be my girlfriend now, right?

***

The next day, we had voluntary work at the hospital again.

To be honest, I quite like going there now.

The kids are really cute and fun to be around. They were nothing like the whiny and annoying brats that I'd originally thought they would turn out to be.

However, did I forget to mention?

Some of the kids suffer from cancer. Even though cancer is a very painful disease, they are always beaming and being very positive. They are actually an inspiration to me - to not complain and whine so much, since I'm blessed to lead a normal life and not have to be stuck in the hospital for a long periods of time.

After spending most of our time together in the game room, I managed to bond with them. I even remember the names of the kids in my ward.

This surely says a lot, since I usually can't be bothered with making friends with people in school.

There's Jason, the oldest, who's nine, Dylan, who's seven, and Mason and Nick, who are both five. These are the few kids that has been in the hospital ever since day one when I came.

In other words, these are the kids with cancer.

Even though we are not related, it still pains me to see them having different types of syringes plugged into their body all the time.

No one deserves this type of treatment, especially innocent little kids like them.

Maybe I can bring Chase over the next time I come. He can learn to be more appreciative and maybe even make a few more friends, apart from Mandy.

"Guys, look! Asher is here!" screamed Mason, pointing at me once I stood at the foot of the door to their ward.

"Hey, little monkeys!" I chirped, grinning at them.

I've been used to calling Chase a little monkey, so since they are around the same age as him, I don't find any reason to not call them that.

Plus, they have the energy level of a kid who just finished three big bars of chocolate.

If you didn't know them, you won't even think for a second that they are sick.

Quite scary actually.

'Sup' and 'Hello's were returned to me, and the younger ones even attacked me with a hug.

They remind me so much of Chase. In other words, they are all so adorable.

They really don't deserve to be sick.

No one does.

Okay, maybe those psychotic serial killers do, but definitely not innocent little kids like them.

They haven't even gotten the chance to travel around the world for goodness sake.

As you can most probably see now, I really like kids.

So who says bad boys can't have a soft side?

Sarah, and a few other adults, walked over to me, a slightly relieved look flashing on their tired faces.

"Asher! Thank god you're here. The boys have been pestering me nonstop about when you will come." Sarah sighed, shaking her head and rubbing circles on her temples.

I chuckled in return, and replied, "I'm here now, aren't I? So you can safely leave them under my care now."

"Thank you so much! I really need to get some caffeine now if I'm going to be stuck with those energy balls for the later part of the day." Amy, another mum, muttered.

I understand her pain.

"Go ahead. Leave them to me." I smiled kindly at them as they exited the ward.

Fortunately, Chelsea is absent again, making my job one trillion times easier.

Praise the almighty lords. I might just go bonkers if she comes. Her presence alone is enough to make me feel like pulling out all my hair.

And I love my hair a lot.

"Alright! So who's ready for me to kick their butts at Mario Kart after lunch?"