☓☓ chapter five ☓☓

[Picture of River Martinez at the side]

☓☓ chapter five ☓☓

Skylett Elizabeth Bridget.

I looked up and to my utmost surprise, the girl standing in front of me was none other than the girl whom fainted in gym.

I know, I know. I bet you're screaming 'cliche' at me right now and throwing rotten eggs. But think about it, why wouldn't you want a pretty girl in your house?

Now that she was conscious, I could see her warm chocolate brown eyes. They matched her looks and she looked really beautiful.

So she's my sister's new best friend, huh? Hopefully she would not end up to be like one of those stuck-up bimbos that Am used to hang out with.

Key words: Used to.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Asher, her twin." I stuck my hand out for her to shake, which she politely returned. Her hand was small against mine, and it felt surprisingly cold.

Isn't it summer now?

I brushed that thought away as soon as it came, and focused my attention on her.

"Nice to meet you too!" She replied, smiling.

"Not to be rude or anything, but what are you doing here at this hour?" I asked.

"Oh, we're just having a sleepover. You are welcomed to join us too!" Amery offered excitedly, her eyes sparkling.

Me, and a sleepover. Really?

"You're seriously inviting me? Oh gosh! I'm so excited. Can't wait to get my nails painted and my - ouch!" I stopped my high pitched squeals when Am smacked my head upside down.

"Stop being such a smartass. I was merely being nice and just a tip for you brother, you should get a shower now because you smell even worse than rotten eggs." She complained and shove me up the stairs.

I couldn't help but stick my tongue out at her as I was pushed upstairs. Before I turned back around, I caught Skylett laughing slightly at us.

Hmm.

So a sleepover huh? I'm so excited.

What? Don't give me that look. I'm a guy after all, and knowing that I have the exact person I was looking for, for the entire day, to be in my house, how can I not get happy?

***

After my shower, I got back to the lounge room, only to find Skylett sitting alone, watching a random movie on the television.

Why's my devil of a sister?

She flashed me a smile once she saw me and scooted to one side, so that there's space for me.

How thoughtful. If it was Amery, she would've purposely occupied the whole couch and pretend I wasn't there.

I plopped down on the seat and decided to start some small talk with her before dinner's ready.

"So, you're new to our school right? I've never seen you around before."

"About that day, thanks."

Said the both of us at the same time. Mine the first, and hers the second.

We looked at each other for a brief second before cracking up.

"No Asher, I'm not new to your school." She said, after we sobered up.

I'm extremely observant most of the time. So even if I've never noticed her, surely River would have told me about her.

That hoe of mine knows literally every girl in school.

Before I could even open my mouth, she started speaking again. "I've been hiding in your locker for the past few years. That's why you've never noticed me before."

She what? Hold up.

When I realized that she was being sarcastic, I gave her a blank look, which earned a smug smile from her. How adorable.

Wait what?

"Ha-ha. You're so funny. Anyways, you're welcomed. You can't expect me to just leave you in the lurch, when you'd just fallen into my arms willingly, right?" I smirked.

She rolled her eyes at me and we had a moment of silence before I turned serious again. "So what exactly happened that day? Why did you suddenly faint?"

"I just... I" she stuttered. "-didn't have breakfast. Yup. I skipped breakfast that morning."

There was obvious apprehension in her voice, but I decided not to press it.

"You could've given me a little warning though. What if I wasn't there? You might have suffered a concussion and really be the new talk of school. Not just as the new girl, but as the girl who suffered a severe head injury in gym." I joked halfheartedly, lightening the slightly tense atmosphere.

"Oh, thank you so much, my knight in shining armor! I dare not think about what might've happened if you hadn't been around. So, tell me, what can I do for you in return?" She asked exaggeratedly, placing a hand over her chest, and batting her lashes.

"Hmm. I'll think about it, m'lady. After I know what I want you to do, then I'll inform you." I replied and made my way to the kitchen where my name was being yelled continuously by mum.

Finally, dinner is going to be ready soon. I'm about to die from starvation.

A boy can't go without food, even for a few hours.

Anyways, I actually already knew what I wanted from Skylett. What could a guy ever want from a girl, hmm?

No. Don't even go there. I wasn't talking about doing the dirty.

I'll leave that to River.

Surely a guy can ask more appropriate favors from a girl.

What's a better way to get to know a girl better than to be their chemistry lab partner, huh?

We're assigned lab partners for chemistry, remember?

And bingo! Skylett just had to be my partner. Not that I'm complaining. I'm perfectly fine with this arrangement.

I'm even fine partnering with a geek. Just not a particular devil named Chelsea Moran.

Hopefully, I can get to know her better, and that's when her 'favor' can come in handy.