The journey ahead

I stood in disbelief. I though all these stories about somebody called Thomas coming to save us were just myths, and yet here he was, standing right in front of us.

I looked over to Maggie, she looked back at me. I pointed over to the sign. A look of confusion came across her face. "Just read it," I said.

Maggie finished reading it, then looked over to me. "Is that him? Is that the one they're talking about on the sign?" she asked me as she pointed at Thomas.
"I think so. Yeah,"
Maggie turned back round to look at Thomas, who just stood there silently.
"Well, because your so important then we might be able to give you some supplies of you do me a favour."
"What's the favour?" Thomas asked.
Maggie walked over to me and took my arm. She dragged me over to where Thomas was standing.
"This is Maya. Maya Holloway. She has a brother named Jimmy. The two of them lost their mum to the Flare but they have a dad. He is still alive. He works for WICKED. My deal is this. If you take Maya and her brother with you, to WICKED to see their dad, we will give you supplies."

Thomas thought about this for a moment. He already had a decent sized group with him. I wasn't expecting him to take on a 15 and 11 year old as well, but to my surprise, he agreed. Him and Maggie shook hands before she took him away to get supplies. I thought I better go with them. Gather the stuff I needed because I had a long journey ahead. A journey that I hoped would end with me smiling at my dad before running into his arms. Just like I did when I was little.