[13] His mark

Paris' Pov:

The tension was unbearable. The room was so quiet except for the sound of writing and typing.

I looked over at Kyle scribbling down words with concentration, his dark hair falling over his face but he didn't seem to mind at all.

Whenever I look at Kyle, I get butterflies in my stomach and I feel like smiling but why?

This kept haunting me and the silence made it worse. My thoughts are always louder in silence.

Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Hey, let's take a break. We've been doing the project for about an hour." I spoke up.

Kyle put down the pen and cracked his knuckles, "alright...um what do you want to do then?"

"How about 20 questions? I hardly even know you despite the fact that we're um partners for the project." I asked.

Kyle slowly nodded, "uhm okay than."

"If you could only pick five bands to listen to for the rest of your life, who would you pick?" I asked first, hoping that this would spike his interests.

"Are you serious? Are you actually asking me this? I can't pick!" Kyle sighed in exasperation and I laughed, "You have to!"

"Fine. Sleeping with sirens, Pierce the veil, Black veil brides, All time low and um um Panic! at the disco." He replied.

This game went on for awhile. It was actually surprisingly fun as compared to playing it with the people in the popular group. And, Kyle started opening up more.

It was like there was another part of him that was too afraid to show.

"You idiot! No it's not, take that back!" I shouted, throwing a pillow at Kyle's face but he blocked it.

"Yes it is, the lyrics to Sing is stupid and no I won't take it back." Kyle laughed, throwing the pillow back at me.

"ED SHEEREN IS AMAZING ALRIGHT, YOU TWAT." I hit him on the arm and he laughed harder, taking off his shoe and throwing it at me.

I shrieked and kicked it away, before he suddenly jumped on me and pinned me to the ground.

His leg was somehow on my shoulder in my failed efforts to wriggle away and I laughed, threatening to bite it if he didn't get off.

"I swear to god, I will eviscerate you!" I tried to wriggle out from under him.

He laughed, "I don't even know what that means."

We were literally a laughing tangled mess, one with hair that looked like a pig trampled in it and another with only one shoe, the other probably under the bed or something.

I actually really enjoyed this. Kyle was really amazing and fun to be around with when he didn't isolate himself all the time.

I wish he was like this all the time.

Wait, stop thinking like this! I slapped myself mentally.

After this project, you will probably stop interacting with him anyways so what's the point.

I sighed, the thoughts in my head ruining my mood already and I was tempted to push Kyle off when something caught my eye.

Kyle had taken his right shoe off, and his bare ankle was showing.

And on his ankle, was his mark.

But the thing is, his mark was exactly like mine.

~~~