Chapter One

[All Rights Reserved]

Chapter One

Thomas

Mate. One word that had my head snapping up, my body tensing as I scanned the beach. I could already smell her, her sweet cherry blossom scent. I didn’t want her, I didn’t want a mate but once my eyes found her, I knew I couldn’t let anyone else have her. I couldn’t let her slip right through my fingers. She was gorgeous and as I kept staring at her, I realized she had heads turning every which way just to get a look at her but she didn’t seem to care. She looked indifferent to the attention and just carried on, not talking as two other girls with her chatted, smiling and laughing while my girl only had her lips curved just a little upwards.

I could feel my wolf wanting out, wanting to go to her. Hell, I wanted to but I kept my distance for the moment while I checked her out. She looked like a model but she had an edge to her. She screamed badass and I never knew a girl like that. She was trouble; it was clear as day but not like how other girls do. She looked like a girl who knew how to handle herself and if you pissed her off, you’d be getting your ass handed to you.

Tall and willowy with curves in all the right places, yeah she was sexy as hell. Her black hair was pulled to the side in a loose braid that went passed her breasts. Her skin was just lightly tan and you could see tattoos adorning her body. A wolf was on the top part of her left arm, part of an angel wing was on her forearm while the other part of it was on her right forearm with words wrapping around the top of her upper right arm. She had so many tattoos and I never really cared for girls having them but on her they seemed so hot. She had flowers and vines going up her right side and then on the lower left on her back was a beautiful flower with the peddles floating away, off of it all the way up to the middle of her back from a diagonal.

“Damn, look at that babe.” My dude Trent said, whistling as he stared at my girl. I growled a warning growl and he held his hands up in surrender as I kept staring at her. She had delicate hands it looked like and her fingers were long, maybe she played the piano and as I stared harder I could make out a music note between her thumb and pointer finger. I wish I could see her eyes though since they were currently hidden behind big sunglasses. Looking at her face, my eyes felt compelled to stare at her red, plump lips that I wanted to kiss and nibble on.

“Are you alright Tommy?” Jason asked and I nodded.

“I just found my mate.” I said and there was silence for a moment before my friends all cracked up laughing.

“Oh man, I’m guessing it’s that fine ass chick over there, huh?” Erick grinned. “You don’t stand a chance, mate or not.”

“We’ll see.” I said and flashed them my killer grin. “I’m going to talk to her.”

“She’s gonna chew you up and spit you out.” Jason laughed and I shrugged.

“I’ll be getting in that mouth either way.” I winked and Trent shook his head, chuckling.

“Good luck, bro.” He said and I grinned, heading over to my sexy mate who was now lying out on the beach, her head tilted to the side while watching her friends run towards the water. I watched as she shook her head when the girls laughed, pushing each other into the water. I would have thought she’d go with them but she seemed content to lie out and not join them in their fun.

“I’m not interested so you can quit staring at me and move along.” I heard her sweet melodious voice say to me and then she looked at me. “Yeah, I’m talking to you.”

“Who said I was interested in you anyways?” I raised my eyebrow at her and she smirked.

“It’s written all over your face, love.” She purred lazily and raised her sunglasses, her dark hauntingly beautiful eyes meeting my own icy blue ones. Her eyes were just… mesmerizing and framed by long, luscious lashes that cast shadows across her face. This girl was certainly a temptress and she’d soon enough be mine.