Chapter Nine

[All Rights Reserved]

Chapter Nine

Thomas

            I was being smothered. No matter where I went, someone was there, hovering just over my shoulder. I couldn’t get a break, couldn’t get a breather and it was driving me insane. It also didn’t help that my wolf was worked up because we haven’t seen or talked to Natalie for about a week now. I couldn’t count how many times I have tried to reach her and her phone has gone to voicemail. I was worried and I couldn’t even do anything because my whole pack has turned against me and were keeping me locked inside the pack house! I knew it was just because they were trying to keep me safe but I was getting pissed off.

            My mate could be in danger and I couldn’t even help her! My anger took over and I punched a hole in my wall, causing guards to run into my office. “Out!” I commanded, my eyes going cold. “I’m still your Alpha and you still need to obey me!” I watched as they bowed their heads and quickly retreated from the room.

            Deciding I would try and contact Natalie again, I picked up my phone. It rang a few times and just when I thought it was going to voicemail, she picked up.

            “Tommy!” She cried out and then I heard the phone drop.

            “Tal I told you that you couldn’t be on the phone!” Gabriel yelled.

            “Gabe I know but-”

            “If you know then why the hell did you grab the phone? Do you want the council to fucking find you?”

            “I just wanted to let Tommy know what was going on!”

            “Of course! Of course this has to deal with Tommy!” Gabriel growled and then the line went dead.

            My mind raced with everything I heard. Natalie was hiding from the council. That was one thing I knew but it made question after question fill my mind. One thing was for sure though. Natalie was in trouble and I needed to be there for her. Screw what happened to me. I had to find her and protect her, that’s just what mates do.

            Storming out of my room with my phone in hand, I went to my room. While I was quickly packing a bag, my door opened revealing my mother. “Just what do you think your doing Thomas Martinez?”

            “I’m leaving mom, Natalie’s in trouble and I have to find her.”

            “Thomas your in danger! Your life is on the line, that girl is nothing to concern yourself with! She’s a vampire now for crying out loud!” I looked at my mom coldly.

            “That ‘girl’ is my mate and vampire or not, I love her. I will not just sit around while my mate is in danger!”

            “Your in danger though as well Thomas!”

            “Then we’d be better protected if we were together!” I snapped. “Look, I just need to find her and then I’ll convince her to come back here to the pack house where you can have everyone keep a close watchful eye on us. Mom, I just can’t stand being her without her anymore. It’s too hard to be away from her and I won’t do it any longer.”

            “I will not let you out of this house!” She growled. “I’ll have every guard here to keep you inside! I will not let my son die!”

            “I love you mom, I do but my life is nothing if my mate is dead. I’m leaving and there’s nothing you can do to stop me. I’ll go through every guard I have to just to get to her.” With that I left, leaving behind my very distressed tearful mother.