Chapter Three

[All Rights Reserved]

Chapter Three

Natalie

            When I woke up, it was dark outside and Gabe was missing. I yawned and stretched out before my hand found a piece of paper on Gabe’s pillow. I scanned it and it basically told me what I already knew. Gabe had another meeting and he’d be home before dawn.

            I didn’t feel like staying in the house any longer though. Looking at the time, I realized it was only eleven and decided I wanted to go out. With a quick call to my friends, I had plans to meet them up at a local club.

            It didn’t take me long to get ready. I just took a quick shower before throwing on one of my little black dresses and some heeled ankle boots. I was so used to doing my makeup that it only took me a few minutes to finish it and fluff my hair up some to give it some volume before I was out of the house. I’m sure Gabe would be pissed since I left, especially without leaving him a note as he had done to me but who cares? He knew how I was and I wasn’t going to change. Besides, I’m not the type of girl to stay home and wait for her dude to get back. I’m not some lost puppy like that.

            The club I was going to was one owned by a vamp that I knew because of Gabe. His names Jackson and he was a pretty cool guy. We got along well enough even though he didn’t care for humans that much. He just thought of us as blood bags basically but I guess you could say he had a bit of a soft spot for me. I easily got into his club, not having to wait in line like some others because of that soft spot.

            Once inside, I saw Sarah and Alice at the bar. I made my way over to them and they were at my side in an instant. “We already got you a drink!” Alice grinned and handed me my usual glass of scotch. I quickly downed it and slammed the glass on the bar before making my way to middle of the room. I knew the girls would follow since that’s all they did when they were with me.

            My body moved along with the beat of the music as I closed my eyes, getting lost in it. Dancing was like an escape for me. I loved music and moving to the beat of it, I was gone. It was soothing to me; it calmed me and made everything around me seem unimportant as I twirled around, a small smile on my lips.

            “You look like an angel.” A now familiar deep voice murmured into my ear. I felt his warm hands slide along my back before I turned around to face him, my eyes meeting his ice blue ones.

            “What are you doing here?” I asked breathlessly, my eyes had widened but I quickly cooled my features.

            “I was invited…” He said, his lip twitching as his eyes darted over to my friends who quickly earned a scowl from me. “Don’t be too hard on them, I practically groveled at their feet for another chance to see you.”

            “You just don’t get it, do you?” I growled, narrowing my eyes on him. “I don’t want you and I’m happy with my boyfriend so stop trying.” I could see the pain in his eyes but he quickly cooled his own features before grabbing my hand, pulling me close to him, swaying me to the beat with him.

            “I understand that you have a boyfriend that you… love and I’ll accept that but will you please consider letting me become your friend?” He asked softly, his lips by my ear.

            “Gabe won’t like that…” I murmured, feeling my body practically melting against him. “He doesn’t want me anywhere near you. He really does not like you.”