Chapter Five

[All Rights Reserved]

Chapter Five

Natalie

            Waking up in my own bed, in my own home was… different. I was so used to staying at Gabe’s. I rarely came home and even then it was only when the girls and I wanted to have a girls night or when Gabe and I had a bad fight otherwise I was at his place. I couldn’t say if I liked it or not... being home, that is.

            However, even if I wasn’t with Gabe at the moment, I still had to drag myself out of bed and get ready for the day. I had made plans with the girls to go to the beach around two and it was past two… Sarah and Alice were so going to kill me!

            Groaning, I jumped out of bed and quickly got ready to go to the beach. I was ready in ten minutes and was actually glad that I stayed home last night seeing as the beach was basically down the street from my loft.

            I ran the whole way to the beach and a few people gave me some looks but I didn’t care, they could all grow screw themselves. “Natalie Ann Everstein! Where the hell have you been, young lady?” Alice shouted as I ran over to them.

            “I slept in.” I grumbled, shooting her a glare. I hated that she had to draw even more attention to us. “I didn’t get to bed until late.”

            “Why’s that?” Sarah asked as I lied down next to her.

            “Thomas and Gabe…” I shook my head and rubbed some tanning lotion over my body. “They got into a fight, I broke it up and then I had to deal with Gabe going off in one of his moods when we got back to his place.”

            “Wow. Seriously…?”

            “Yep…” I muttered and closed my eyes as I basked in the sun. “I ended up actually staying at my place last night because I wasn’t dealing with Gabe’s bullshit.”

            “You’re always dealing with Gabriel’s bullshit. I don’t know how you do it. I mean, yeah Gabriel does treat you like a queen for the most part but he has his asshole moments. He’s always so jealous and possessive… it’s annoying. Plus he’s always fighting with you like it’s your fault that guys stare at you. You’re gorgeous, a knock out and he needs to get over it. I think Thomas would be a much better match for you, just saying…”

            “Oh no… please not you too Sarah!” I groaned and she giggled.

            “Sorry babes but me too… I’ve talked with Thomas and he seems like a cool, chill guy. Like Alice said, he does remind me of a puppy dog.” She said and I snorted. Oh how right they were…

            “I love Gabe, Sarah and I’m not going to end things with him just to start something up with Thomas. That’s just messed up…” I shook my head. “Thomas is a great guy and I’m positive he’ll find someone else.”

            “Oh he definitely will Nat, you can count on that but will you be happy then…? Remember, Thomas is a great catch and he won’t wait for you forever. Some lucky girl might just knock him off his feet and your chance will be gone.”

            “I have Gabe.” I replied even though I felt jealousy coursing through me at the sound of Thomas being with someone else.

            “Yeah and Gabriel is such a great guy…” She snorted and rolled her eyes before standing up, dusting sand off herself. “Just remember what I said Natalie, Thomas won’t always be waiting in the wings for you to tire of Gabriel.” With that, she took off for the water where Alice already was.