1st Dare: Peridot

"Peridoooooooooooooooooooot!" Steven called out, his feet pounding against the wooden floor of his beach house. "You've got a--"
The boy near-squealed as he tumbled forward, coming to a rolling stop at the said gem's feet. His phone was clutched to his chest for dear life, and he stared up at her dizzily.
"Well that looked fun." Peridot stated sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "What do you want?"
"You - You got a dare!" Steven replied, clambering to his feet.

"A what?"

"A dare! It's where someone tells you to do something and you have to do it!"

"...It sounds like a waste of my time."

"It's fun! Please?"

"No."

"Pleeeeeeeease?" Steven begged, staring up at the green gem with the saddest expression she's ever seen.
"...Fine." Peridot groaned. "I can't believe that I'm doing this... What's the dare?"
Steven grinned up at her, starry eyed. "LittleFluffyAlpaca dares you to go a day without your fingers."

"Pass."

"What? You can't pass on a dare! You have to go through with it!"

An irritated sigh escaped the gem, and she held out her hands to him. "Just.. Take them before I change my mind."

-------------

She stared at the enemy before her, eyes narrowed in concentration. She was going to win... She had to win.
She couldn't let something so... simple... beat her!
Growling, Peridot once more reached for the glass with both, fingerless hands. She balanced it between both hands momentarily... Before watching it slip and clatter against the breakfast bar noisily. "IN YELLOW DIAMOND'S NAME -- HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS!?"
Lapis, unfazed by her outburst, sat down beside her. "You're supposed to do it like this, Peri."
Wriggling her fingers in emphasis, Lapis took ahold of Peridot's dropped glass and stole a sip of the liquid inside. "You need to use your fingers to hold the glass steady."

"Well I can't use my fingers!"

The blue gem gave her a shrug, smirking. "I know. I just wanted to tease you a little."

"You're awful."

"Thank you."

"Clod."

"Robot."

"Water witch."

"Nerd."

-------------

"So... You don't have your fingers? What, did you lose them in one of my piles or something?" Amethyst question, lazily watching Peridot from atop a junk pile.

"No! I was dared to go a day without them..."

"...and you basically use your fingers for everything, right?"

"...yes..."

"Including fighting back...?"

"Where is this going...?"

A grin spread across the purple gem's face, "That means I can do this!"
Amethyst reached to the side of her, grabbing ahold of anything she could and chucking it at Peridot.

Doing her best to dodge the oncoming assaults, Peridot took off in the opposite direction. "Ow! Quit it! Stop! Ow! I'm reporting thi- ouch!"

-------------

"Stupid, purple beast. I hope she falls off that junk pile of hers and -- OW!" Peridot winced as Lapis applied unwanted pressure to one of her bruises.
"What have I told you about wishing misfortune onto others?" She scolded, provoking a pout from the green gem.
"But she started it!" Peridot replied childishly.
"That doesn't mean you should continue it." Lapis replaced the icepack back against Peridot's cheek, giving the gem a stern look.

"If I had my fingers, I'd --"

"You would what?"

"...nothing."

-------------

"Here you go Peridot!" Steven grinned, handing over her fingers.

The end of the day had finally come, though, not soon enough.

Peridot smirked at finally having her missing parts back, wiggling each and every one just to make sure it wasn't too good to be true. "It's about time. I haven't had a single thing to drink all day! I was starting to get about as thirsty as Pearl!"

-------------

Thanks for reading! Comment your dares and questions!