New Cast!

Steven stared at his could-be sister, frowning. "...if you're my older sister... How did mom have me?"
"That, kid," Serena ruffled his hair. "Is the question of the day. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves."
She winked, before scooping him up and tossing him onto her shoulders. He laughed, waving both arms in the air as his sister took off running. "Now, whadoya say we go and vandalize the mayor's van? It's been in my to-do list since this morning."

"Whoo-hoo! Vandalism! Ye-ea!"

-------------

"This - This doesn't make any sense! How can she be Rose's daughter!? She's- She's a gem!" Pearl near-screeched, looking over the newcomer. "Besides! How can Steven exist if she exists!?"
Serena sighed, snatching her arm from the gem's grasp.

"I mean, think about it! If she's here, how can--"

"We get it, P. Now can it."  Amethyst rolled her eyes, earning an annoyed look from the said gem. "Besides, she's supposed to be staying. You're gonna scare her off on this rate."
"Fine." Pearl huffed, crossing her arms. "But if she's staying, she's going to have to change. All that black is... Unsettling. It has to go."

"You're one to talk, Tu-Tu." Serena growled. "Just try and get me to change. You'll regret it instantly."

------------- Next Day

Whistling loudly, Serena glanced around, looking for her little- ah.

There she was.

"Bullet!" The said German Shepherd pounced into her arms, giving a sound between a bark and a snarl in response. "There you are!"

The gem laughed, happily petting and scratched the said dog. "I've been waiting for you!"
The dog near-grinned, it seemed, barking once before taking off into the house.

...

A series of barks and screams followed.

"Ah, it's nice to be home." Serene grinned, leaning back against the steps. The barking had turned into a snarl of sorts and the screams to frantic scrambling and shrieks of terror. ...there was also laughter. "It really is."