Draco

Suggested by @greaserqueen.

Hi Fred.

I'm sorry.

I am so, so sorry.

This is my fault. I know our families have always despised one another, but... I never thought that this would happen.

I never wanted any of you to die.

Your family has always had the one thing money couldn't buy me; an air of ease. Everyone gets along, and - bar Percy - always have.

Malfoys have to be civilised, yet villainous.

I was taught to that I'm superior to all, with that name. I'm not. I'm a disgrace. I should never have done any of those things.

Fixing the Vanishing Cabinet is literally the biggest regret of my life. Of any life. That one action caused both the downfall of the greatest, most powerful wizard, along with the downfall of the most psychotic, power-hungry fool. And... Your death.

I swear I never wanted to become a Death Eater. I had to, or my whole family would die. How could I subject them to that? I was forced to decide between murdering a man - who would be killed regardless - or be killed, along with my parents.

If someone told my eight year old self that in ten years I'd be writing a letter to Fred Weasley, apologising about his death, I would have called them deluded, then strutted off to my father.

Honestly, that's what I would do because I've always been a coward. You've always been brave though, defying Umbridge, fighting for the good side, being your own person rather than the way your parents may have tried to shape you.

I'm weak though. Always have been and most likely always will be. I'm sorry for that. My cowardice caused numerous deaths. The war could have been prolonged - even for a little bit of time.

You probably died knowing how stupid I was. Observant as well as being a joker.

Goodbye Fred Weasley.

-A moron called Draco Malfoy.