George

Hey Georgie, 

Please don't start off the way you did, I appreciated the joke, you definitely got me there, but it doesn't mean that I like it. And given that you know me as well as you do, you know that I wouldn't like you using dark humour - our aim for life was to bring about happiness and light, but not through the use of misery.

As for writing letters... You may not have expected to be writing to me once Molywart was conquered, but I think I expected it even less. Once I reached this place, I certainly didn't think I'd be able to write to you. 

Don't think that I left you. I was taken.

You say that this is just where we are now - where you are - but at least you have mum, dad, Bill, Charlie, Percy, Ron, Ginny, Angelina, and Lee (amongst others). Here, I only have Uncle Bilius (who is completely barmy), Uncle Fabian and Uncle Gideon (who until I came here I'd never even met) and come other people who aren't even family. George, you have others all around you going through the same thing, please use the opportunity you've been given and talk to them. Help each other. 

Don't make both of us go through this alone.

Heartfelt bit over... I'm glad that mum made you write to me. Do you remember when people used to think that we could read each other's mind? It was never true, it was a trick, and proven to be so up here. I can look down at you, see you, but for the life of me crying out loud, George, if I could ever read you before I certainly can't now. It's like you're there, but you're not. I'm on the edge of a cliff, leaning across the railing to catch a snowflake that's just out of reach.

And I'm re-reading your letter as I write this, because I can't understand why you'd write what you've written. Of course I'd tell you to live life to the max, because between you and me, this place sucks without you. I can do anything I want - and let me say, when you join me (which better not be for at least another hundred years) I have some seriously cool prank ideas to show you - but I spend the majority of my time trying to make sure that you, mum, dad, and the others are moving on and not just functioning. You were never able to lie to me, Georgie, but I can see what you're doing and you're functioning, not living.

I understand that it's hard - I understand it much more than you think I do. But I didn't leave you by choice, I never would and never will. 

As for the others not understanding? You seem to underestimate the understanding of everyone, because they are feeling what you're feeling, and they're thinking what you're thinking, and I don't want to sound arrogant, but they miss me just as you miss  me. 

Don't get all sentimental on me though George. It doesn't suit you which means that it doesn't suit me, and nearly everything suits me. 

I love you too though. 

And I miss you. 

So, with love, 

Fred.

P.S. I'm not laughing at you, I'm worried about you.

P.P.S. Actually, I am now laughing at you because I saw what you were doing and I have no idea as to why you ever thought that doing karaoke at Percy's house would be a good idea, not why you've been letting him drink before having a go. I guess your other ear may choose to join me, and I'll be seeing it soon.