Roxanne

Dear Uncle-

Nope, too formal. Sorry. It doesn't work.

Formality is pretty much forbidden in our house.

Not literally. I just mean that we all take the view that being formal is weird and pointless unless you need to be formal. You don't have that long on Earth, so why waste it being uptight like Uncle Perce?

I think that's the only thing mum, dad, Fred and I all agree on.

And it's one of the many things our dear old Uncle Percival disagrees with.

It's shocking though, because according to pretty much everyone, he used to be even more of an uptight prat. I can't imagine that though. I didn't know it was possible to have even more of an anal personality. 

Anyway, going back to the point (I swear when I set out to write this there was a point)...

Hi! 

I know full well that this will never reach you - I mean, how would you be able to read it? How would it even be delivered? - but I think dad kind of wants Fred and I to try it, because regardless of whether or not he believes you can/will read this, maybe he thinks of it as us bonding or communicating or something? I don't know. 

I don't think you're the kind of person who chooses writing as their primary way of communicating, either; from all of the stories we've heard of you and dad, you were both large personalities who were very charismatic. Dad's personality seems to have shrunk since you departed, but it's definitely building itself up again. 

Mum's calling for dinner now, so I guess I may write another time. 

Bye!

- Your favourite niece, Roxy.