Ginny #2

Everyone is asking one another how they're holding up. The default response is "okay" or "I'm fine".

Everyone knows that it's a lie, but will go with it because that's exactly how they respond to the question, and there's no other way to answer.

How are you doing though, Fred?

I bet you've teamed up with the Marauders, and are pranking Mad-Eye and Dumbledore whilst Harry's mum either tells you all off or rolls her eyes and sighs at you.

By the sounds of things, that's how she was. She sounds like a great person.

And it's sad, not only all of this, but the fact that you'll get to know her better and sooner than Harry does.

Knowing you, you'll only tell her about the troublesome things Harry's done in his life, to you some of those tales must seem like magnificent achievements.

George always laughs at some of his idiocy, like locking Hermione in the toilets with a troll.

The laughs are getting more genuine, which is nice. He's smiling more now, with proper smiles not the forced I'm-supposed-to-smile-at-that smiles.

I feel awful writing about him like that, as though I'm a psychiatrist abd he's my patient as I record his progress.

He's not a patient, he's incredibly brave.

You ought to be really proud of him, Fred. Some days, I can barely hold myself together, and then others I understand that it's what happens, and it would happen eventually anyway. If I were as close to you as George is though, I dint think I'd ever be able to keep it together.

I think I'd most likely give up.

He thinks that you were incredibly brave for facing death like that, but I think that he's also incredibly brave for dealing with your death like this.

You'll always be missed, you know that, don't you?

Until next time, I guess.

With love,

Ginny.